Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shop learned Field Bandage Technique.

Shop learned Field Bandage Technique.
October 01, 2015 03:42PM
Hope you never need it, but I did last night. BTW, my knife blades are sharp. Who knew?

For 45 years I've been keeping the blood on the inside with the aid of Super Glue.

For this non-medical procedure intended only to keep you from frightening the neighbor's until trained professionals arrive. "I" swab off the red stuff, and push the cut closed tightly. I then apply the water consistency Super Glue to the OUTSIDE of the closed wound. The glue overlaps the surrounding area a bit. Next, I touch down a paper towel fragment to the entire wet area. It will bond and harden. I then tear away the remaining paper towel. It will leave a feathered edge all around. "I" the wet that edge with the Superglue and, if needed; I press the edge down with the glue nozzle tip.

In a few seconds, you have sealed the wound and created a durable translucent hard cap. It will resist hand washing and work for several days. When I falls off, my wounds are healed. I've had quite nasty ones heal to a hair line scar.

Post is for amusement only. Not medical advice. Have I put enough disclaimers in this yet? They are about half the text. I think that is the rule.

thumbs up

image.jpeg

That one would have sent most folks for three stitches.

Personally, that phase where they rip the wound back open after its closed and stopped bleeding, then scrub it with a wire brush and battery acid, never appealed to me. I might go boots up tomorrow, but 45 years of NOT ripping it back open after an edge took .006 microseconds in contact with it, has worked for me. DONT TRY THIS AT HOME, AT WORK, IN A SMART CAR, or anyplace else.
Re: Shop learned Field Bandage Technique.
October 01, 2015 05:11PM
Hey
I should have tried that on my lip I cut eating sardines with your knife . Well maybe not .
The stapler worked fine ! Lip jewlery .

Thanks
Kurt
October 01, 2015 05:21PM
Hey Gary,
I have been doing a modified version for years too. It always works for me too! Stiches, we don't need no stinkin stiches. BTW, in case anyone wondered where I was, I have been working a LOT lately and in between the last two weekends was sick. I have another busy weekend coming up too. Oh well, business is good for the pocket and I am feeling better. Thanks for keeping us informed on the forum.
Later,
Jeff
October 01, 2015 06:57PM
Sorry you felt bad Jeff.

Gosh, I could have rushed over with Super Glue, Aluminum Tape, and Wire. HEY ... LOOKIE THERE! He feels better already! He's crawling out the back window!!!

See ya later, then ....,.

injured

Gary
October 02, 2015 12:01AM
Hey Gary -- you forgot to mention the part with the burning, smoking thread on top of an open, bleeding wound. hot smiley

-- Jim
October 02, 2015 12:21AM
Hi Jim,

The whole thread was a sneaky ploy to draw you out!

Bahwahhhhah!!!!!!!

For the other readers. There "could be" some smoking acrid bloody residue .... according to Jim
October 02, 2015 01:18AM
Been there done that! Taught my wife to use crazy glue on cuts. Works great!

I am sure someone here will benefit from knowing this!

Pedro
October 02, 2015 10:58AM
Gary,
Isn't that what a first aid kit is for; tape, wire, crazy glue and gum???
Sal
October 02, 2015 07:14PM
I keep a 4 pack single dose crazy glue in my work tool bag just for that, the fiber reinforcing works great too!
October 03, 2015 02:02AM
You know it Sal. Lay some cotton threads across the wound, saturate, and you have extremely durable butterfly stitches. Yay!!!! Saved my buttstock before. Once was the occasion Jim referred to. Haha. BTW, not too much glue soaked fiber or .... when the glue "flashes off", it smokes and gets hot. And Jim gets Green. Smoke is an eye and nose irritant.

Nuts ... now I have to explain. Take half a postage stamp size of paper towel. Put ten drops of watery superglue on it. Stand back and watch - don't breathe over top of the experiment. You will see the towel material appear to be drying. The dry looking area will march across the material, led by smoke! What is left behind will be a half a postage stamp size of warm fiberglass like material! Amazing.

Don't do this at home. I'd suggest a Walmart parking lot ....

nowthatIthink
October 10, 2015 03:22AM
Wish I'd have known about this last time I picked up a kitchen knife someone had left in a sink full of soapy water. The injection of "painkiller" hurt worse than just getting the stitches would have.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021