Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

High Contrast Hooty!

High Contrast Hooty!
December 14, 2015 09:56PM
image.jpeg
Re: High Contrast Hooty!
December 15, 2015 02:38AM
OH, I like that. The contrast is very nice!
Thanks for showing it,
Jeff
Sal
December 15, 2015 02:41AM
Yes, very nice!
December 15, 2015 02:44AM
Hi Sal,

Well, it'd be a nuisance for you .... but you can send yours back for coloring. I don't mind.

Gary
Sal
December 15, 2015 03:42AM
That's ok Gary, it's fine just like it is, Dawn will love it, all this shipping will be the death of me!
December 15, 2015 04:36AM
Hi Sal,

Well, I'll confess .... a for 42 years, THE most dreaded process for me, has been shipping. The boxes, packing, crates, foam, cardboard, tape, forms, addresses, insurances, tracking numbers, travel, carrier personnel, the UPS Intercom Announcements ... "I need a SUPERVISOR. There's a man at the front desk WITH A GUN!" It takes half a day to prepare and send anything. I'm always trashed when I'm done. And, it's just magically "included". Haha ... sob, sob.

So; I agree ... I'm sure Dawn will LOVE it. Smile. Actually, they do look great either way. It's hard to photograph reflective silver detail. You will see that every angle will light up different facets. Darkening the background does make for a much easier task of photography. But it's not a short cut if finished silver.

Thanks Sal!
Gary
December 15, 2015 12:37PM
Gary

That contrast really makes it pop . Is that the same process you used on my pinecone barlow ? All the bouncing around in my pocket that knife gets and it still looks marvelous .

Thanks
Kurt
December 15, 2015 03:12PM
Hi Kurt,

No. Different process. Yours is an oxide produced by a chemical reaction. That isn't possible on aluminum. An oxide on aluminum would be clear, or white. So; this is a very tenacious coating. My testing has made me pleased with it.

I must be careful or the modern tendency is that readers will hear .... oh, it's just paint. . A shame our modern culture has produced wonderful things without us properly appreciating the work that went into them. We have just glue, and we have just plastic, and just paint. Haha.

thumbs up

Gary
December 16, 2015 01:26AM
I know a restaurant where you could probably sell tons of these.

Kelly might not approve of your "marketing trips"... even if they DO have excellent chicken wings. eye popping smiley
December 16, 2015 05:56AM
Ha! Funny, never even thought of that. Honest.

Wings ya say .... ???

wink
December 16, 2015 10:10AM
What wings???
December 16, 2015 12:22PM
Wings and hooties make me happy !

Thanks
Kurt
December 20, 2015 04:46AM
I'd volunteer as your official marketing director there, but the nearest Hooters is about a thousand miles away. Even sadder
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021