Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Woodsman SS Complete - Pictures

Woodsman SS Complete - Pictures
January 17, 2012 02:19AM
It was an event filled day. I completed the last of the set of 62 sizing dies I wanted to make.

a_sizingdies.jpg

I tested, quite a bit, and found the size for the new slug that I wish to test afield ...

a_sizing.jpg

They have to be extremely precise in order to produce the slugs desired.

I did not yet have the stock on the action for the testing. This involved firing the various sized slugs thru the muzzler at various starting psi.

It's awkward to align the action (or entire gun for that matter) to get a nice clean shot thru the muzzler. Of course, the primary purpose of the device is safety. The sides of the unit are thick steel pipe. The far end is a 1" thick plate of steel. The only exit is a small hole. On the exit side of that hole, there is an extended pipe so that anything exiting is steered across the chronograph without possible deflection. The difficulty is in holding the gun aligned by eye, to make this clean shot. It's really like making a nice target shot. You don't want to hit any baffles. You don't want to get a split on the far plate steel end. You don't want the exiting slug to brush the sides of the exit tube. AND, while aligning the action and holding a 500 fpe action in your hands, you DON'T want to BRUSH the TRIGGER before you are READY!!!! This can result in amazing recoil, a fast acceleration of the action toward your concentrating person. Since you are holding the action, and peering THRU the muzzler along side the barrel ... you COULD get your fist and the action slamming into your face ... with the action beating your lip into your teeth. whistling If you are really lucky ... you can escape without loosing all your front teeth. (Thank God). And you can just get a bloody fat lip. Don't ask me how I know. But I strongly suspect this to be true ....

So.

Without farther delay ... I give you some phone pics ... glamor shots later from the range ...

a_WoodsmanSSComplete.jpg

a_WoodsmanSS_action.jpg

The aforementioned action ... now within it's stock!

a_WoodsmanSSForestock.jpg

The forestock

a_WoodsmanSS_pebbling.jpg

Pebbling ... just in case there is any snow or ice or slippery stuff around anywhere ... Snowman

a_texture.jpg

Texture. It has a nice tooth to it, without being rough.

a_finger_grip_texture.jpg

And a bit of whimsy on the pistol area's texture

It's a really fine gun. I'll add the rifled insert ... but this much is done. I hope you like it.

take a bow

Gary
January 17, 2012 06:12AM
Oh yeah, I like it!excited
January 17, 2012 01:40PM
That is looking nice indeed. Time to get a nice Simmons or a holo sight on there and blast away!
January 17, 2012 09:13PM
Nice looking Woodsman! Congrats on another succesful project! Like to see it performing on the field.
January 17, 2012 09:40PM
Nice!. Clean, Simple lines & Powerful.. You have done yet again.!!
January 18, 2012 02:28AM
Very Cool !

looks ....pebblely!!!
January 18, 2012 07:32PM
I like that pebbling. Got a really good laugh from your testing paragraph. I know your not suppose to laugh at other people's misfortunes. But when you said........ Don't ask me how I know. Dory
Anonymous User
January 18, 2012 10:17PM
Another air cannon that can pierce a boar,s ear at 100 no 200 yard,s,
January 19, 2012 02:46AM
Yep, that's very niiice!!
Cheers
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021