Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: New slug complete

New slug complete
January 23, 2012 06:22PM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Looks good. Testing will resume. Stay tuned.
January 23, 2012 07:49PM
I think you may have struck upon a solution for those who want to see "all your slug designs". Just stack them together on a pizza plate and take a photo...from the polar view, like this.

Hmmm...they're all quite...round.laughing again
January 23, 2012 08:08PM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Breech altered to take shot shells better. Note new slug in breech.

Gary
January 23, 2012 11:26PM
Holy Smokes! That loading port is HUGE, it looks like you could lay a corn cob down in that chasm. Imagine what it would look like on a Justice...eye popping smiley That sliding breech really opens up some possibilities, doesn't it?

That slug sitting there in the trench reminds me of photos that I've seen of an old pneumatic subway system, I don't remember where. The cars had no engines, they were sealed to the circular tunnel walls and were propelled by pressure differentials, driven by huge air pumps in the tunnel network. I'll bet that played havoc with your eardrums, probably not the best place to be if you had a head cold.
January 24, 2012 02:39AM
You saw that on the wallpaper of Subway sandwich shops. I suspect it was fantasy.

Testing tonight works great. 2,500 psi produced 520 foot-pounds with the new slug. I'll see if it flies. BTW, shot two was only a few fps slower. Absolutely amazing power for psi expended.

Yes, a good size shot shell will cleanly load.

Gary
January 24, 2012 10:07AM
That's stepping right along for a slug that heavy, and exceptional power for such a low fill pressure. I'm VERY interested to see what it'll do at the range...hope it flies straight.
January 24, 2012 05:02PM
Cast slugs to try for insert today. Made another sizing die. Just filled tanks. A bit warmer today, but mud up to your ankles. Loading up now ...
January 24, 2012 08:34PM
Gary,

Good luck on your outing dig it and happy shooting!shooter
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021