Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Butler 56 Bison project

Butler 56 Bison project
January 25, 2012 07:39PM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I've moved on from the Woodsman SS. The details will be cleaned up there, and arrangements made for shipping.

I've pulled the parts for the 56 Bison. They were labeled, inventoried, and stored. After refreshing myself on where I am on the build, I've been working on that gun all day. I'm making some interior hammer parts. I'll get that action shooting asap. Intention now is to make it the next out.

Because I'm asked, and it's evidently not clear: if I show that I'm spending days doing detailed work on this gun, then I won't be spending those same days on other guns too. I'll need my concentration and efforts on this ... so I won't be planning what is next yet. A day or week only goes so far.

I'll show you this project, as it progresses now ... as I just did on the Woodsman SS.
thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2012 08:20PM by barnespneumatic.
January 25, 2012 10:12PM
Gary,

It's good to hear that you are getting back to one of your favorites! laughing

(I'm so happy I'm out of range!)
January 26, 2012 12:06AM
Holy Cow !!!!!

the return of the BISON !!!!!!!

watch out for the stampede.....more innocent
January 26, 2012 02:51AM
A Barnes Bison is always a show piece for your steel work. I can only imagine laying down a weld that can be turned into a work of art. You make it look like frosting on a wedding cake! God speed Gary
January 26, 2012 05:50AM
One of my favorites.hot smiley

Lon
January 26, 2012 06:24AM
ahem...

OOOOOOooooohhh Give me a home, where the buffalo roam....singing

Hey, we had the smiley already, I saw the opportunity, HAD to use it...probably a good thing I'm not quite up to snuff on posting audio files. laughing again
January 27, 2012 02:28AM
Worked another full day on firing components.

This format is completely different from all the other designs. The process of blending the sets of parts into a balanced whole, requires many different techniques. This alone, forces me to get into the "zone" for the design.

No predictions. I'll work it thru as it co-operates.

Gary
February 12, 2012 08:50PM
if it was easy ,,, everyone would do it ,,, be glad its hard and tricky work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021