Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: FIRST FIRE! SCOUT 32 ML

FIRST FIRE! SCOUT 32 ML
February 11, 2012 02:37AM
I had my FIRST FIRE celebration of the Scout 32 ML. It was a complete and immediate success. This energy was achieved with a simple buckshot ball. Any slug will add quite a bit more energy.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This gun now has a valid "Proof" to it's pedigree.

BTW: I took a look a the last 11 months, give or take. Here are the guns that have been brought, at least, to the firing or field testing level. Quite a few were complete and went to the clients. This is the order IIRC.

Nitro Express 46 Mag. LEDGER order. Status: with owner.

Victory 32 Carbine. LEDGER order. Status: with owner.

Victory 32 Carbine. LEDGER order. Status: with owner.

Hawk .308 Carbine. GUN ROOM. Status: field testing. Available.

Total restoration on 45 Alpine. Status: with owner.

Magnum 32. REVERSE LEDGER. Status: 95%

Chameleon 50 cal (Washington's Hatchet). LEDGER. Status: with owner

Orion 58. GUN ROOM. Status: sold. Field testing. 95%

Orion 62. Gary

HAWG 62/25. REVERSE LEDGER. Status: with owner.

Woodsman 62/308. LEDGER. Status: field testing. 95%.

Bison 56. LEDGER. Status: 95%.

Scout 32 ML. LEDGER. Status: First Fire. 80%.

I have also brought along another gun, to take the place of each one of these. In other words, at least this many, moved up into the slot vacated by each of these projects. I've done other service work on my guns. In addition to processing a ton of life. I have quite a bit of "life" stacked up outside the door right now, as well. I'll do my best.

That's sort of a State of the Business, to date.

Thanks for reading.
Gary
February 11, 2012 02:47PM
That's quite a cross section of your work. I like the statements about, life, processing and stacked.

It's 23 degrees here. Sunny. Dory
February 11, 2012 04:22PM
"Available" that's a beautiful word.
Can't help but think you're teasing us here Gary... I've heard of this new .308 but as yet there seems to be little posted about it. Give it up man! Let's see it!!

BTW - that's an impressive pile of work there. You must be pleased with the progress.

Scott
February 11, 2012 04:54PM
Hello Scott,

Thanks. Yes, I'm pleased with the pile of work. My wife is pleased. Those that know me well, are pleased.

The Hawk 308 is a box of parts. I've shown many as it happened over the last year. 308 pellet testing with it, the considerable stock carving as I did it, the extensive engraving of it's bullet parts. All have been on here. When I can, I'll finish the engraving, oil the stock, and assemble it. It's about the size of an Appaloosa. Stock has the lines of a Ranger with the deep cut out behind it's pistol grip.

Also has power adjust. All the bells and whistles. $7,750us. Reverse Ledger available. Min. $2,000 down. No interest. You redeem as you can, 6 months maximum term on this one. PM me if anybody is interested. This one is a little jewel with a lot of extra detail.
February 11, 2012 05:10PM
Gary,

WOW!

Checking lotto tickets now.

Lon
February 11, 2012 11:02PM
Hi Gary,

Congratulations for bringing the Scout .32 to the firing stage! You should feel like having a sweet victory feeling every time that you do the first shot ceremony and have the results shown on your last two tests.

On the completed projects list, I'm simply impressed. Talk about multi tasking...

About the Hawk .308, it's a jewel worth having. What's the expected performance for this rifle in terms of fpe?

Julio
February 12, 2012 01:14AM
Hello Julio
Thank you very much. winking smiley
As you know well, the for of any gun will have alot to do with the slug weight. Nice thing about this one is the power adjust. So it can go way down. And, it will probably be very happy around 100 fpe with light slugs. Probably go to 150 with heavier slugs. I've mainly tested it with my early 308 pellets. I'll have to check those threads and my shop book.
This is the sort of Gun that will be fin for leisure shooting. Won't beat you up. Won't need a stone quarry to shoot it safely. winking smiley

Gary
February 12, 2012 01:50AM
Wow, that's a Very Impressive amount of Custom work completed, especially considering your health issues.
I have nothing but respect for your continued work ethic.

God Bless.

Rick G.
February 12, 2012 01:58AM
Thank you Rick. I do appreciate it. Green bowing

Hey - did you find a use for your Expedition case, or are waiting for some Yeti fur still? ;?) How about that horse stall repair ... did it go well?

Gary
February 12, 2012 02:05AM
The case went to my brother for his Birthday. Couldn't find any Yeti fur!? sad smiley
The Barn repair went fairly well for someone as wood challenged as i am. It it still holding up very well. Thanks for the tips.
The Mare i paid to have inseminated, is due this April so the extra stall will get good use.

Rick G.
February 12, 2012 03:06AM
thumbs up

Good to hear.
February 13, 2012 06:55PM
i could , or should type this in small print ,,, i actually rather like it without the stick , like a poachers arm.
February 13, 2012 07:23PM
WHAT!!!!! No stick you say?!!!!! Haha
February 13, 2012 07:36PM
i knew we would get back into air cane land again one day.
February 13, 2012 09:11PM
Hi Gary

My Victory has feelings, don't refer to her as "status with owner". It is doing fine however I am now in search of a shorter scope. I am not able draw the bolt back since I broke my arm. Any recommendation? Oh, I won't let it see the numbers on the fpe, her may start leaking air.
February 17, 2012 08:55AM
4x turkey scope , they are good out to about 209 yds ,,,,, or a bit of bent tin.

gary uses them all the time im on old pecars at the moment and loving them. e bay usually.
February 17, 2012 08:53PM
Hi Gary,

There's one air gun missing from the above list: Jim's Tundra Magnum. So there you go, one more to the bunch.

I hope that you all have a nice weekend.

Julio
February 17, 2012 10:29PM
You are correct, I did redo that and certify it.

Yeah, I'm having a good time. winking smiley

Thanks Julio

Gary
February 18, 2012 01:23AM
So, this post must have generated several "where's mine?" emails... So much work!
February 18, 2012 07:00PM
Impressive list there, Gary. thumbs up If it keeps up like this, you're gonna have to give the guy in the shipping department a raise. winking smiley

Of course to keep things in perspective, for every month like this where a bunch of completions roll out the driveway, there have to be a bunch of months where you're just nose to the grindstone in the shop with not much exciting to post. Gotta build the foundations before you can start putting up walls, after all. That, and let the lips and cheek heal up from the initial muzzler testing. injured
February 19, 2012 12:57AM
Hi Sean,
I wrote out a small sign that I tacked to the wall of the shop decades ago. It partly says, "you can't harvest the crop every day ..." ;?)
Gary
Anonymous User
February 19, 2012 02:59PM
Super custom and very nice, another fine shooting piece. Hope that the buyer will shoot this......................
February 19, 2012 03:30PM
Thanks Don,
Glad you like it.
Well, they've pretty much broken my Spirit regarding using the stuff. I now consider myself 90% among that group of artists that sling paint at a canvas. No point in breathing life into a pile of steel parts just to have it sit it in the corner. Whenever I ask about a gun and how it's doing, I make people mad. But, we can always dream. winking smiley. About one out of ten guns will get used some.
Thanks for posting!
Gary
February 20, 2012 05:22PM
one in ten get used , ,,,, actually they will all get used , i just think some people have a different idea of what they are for ,,, you could offer a collectors eddition , same nearly everywhere , just dont put any internals , attach the trigger to a spring , and use a bit of bar instead of a barrel ... they would still be nice to look at and oil.
just a thought.
February 20, 2012 05:32PM
Shoot the new 308 Hawk will not be a problem. I enjoy punching paper and have a few cridders in my back yard that have been dispatched with a .177 pellet rifle and 22 LR. Can't wait to use a custom Barnes Air Rifle to quitely dispatch them without the neighbors knowing!
February 27, 2012 12:16PM
im not sure quiet and barnes belong in the same sentence
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021