Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 308 HAWK available. Questions answered............ SOLD

308 HAWK available. Questions answered............ SOLD
February 11, 2012 05:02PM
Hello Scott,

This is a copy of the response requested in the 32 Scout thread when I mentioned that the 308 Hawk was available. While my office computer is being repaired, I've been doing all my posts via my iPhone. Hope the thread copies ok.

Copy ....

Thanks. Yes, I'm pleased with the pile of work. My wife is pleased. Those that know me well, are pleased.

The Hawk 308 is a box of parts. I've shown many as it happened over the last year. 308 pellet testing with it, the considerable stock carving as I did it, the extensive engraving of it's bullet parts. All have been on here. When I can, I'll finish the engraving, oil the stock, and assemble it. It's about the size of an Appaloosa. Stock has the lines of a Ranger with the deep cut out behind it's pistol grip.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Also has power adjust. All the bells and whistles. $7,750us. Reverse Ledger available. Min. $2,000 down. No interest. You redeem as you can, 6 months maximum term on this one. PM me if anybody is interested. This one is a little jewel with a lot of extra detail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2012 06:57PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: 308 HAWK available. Questions answered
February 11, 2012 05:16PM
Thought occurred:

Its been mentioned a few times that the guns don't appear on the GUN ROOM forum, as expected. I know everyone would like to see them finished. All polished and clean. With a detailed photo lay-out. All the specifications and field testing linked.

And, I do all of that ... in segments as each stage is completed. It's all that's asked for. The only issue is that, by the time you've seen all of that ... You are looking at someone else's rifle.

Gary
February 12, 2012 01:40AM
Makes me wish i had not started this addition yet.! But the Wife has been Very Patient for the last 35yrs...
Oh well, Someone is going to be a Very Happy Camper.

Rick G,
February 13, 2012 04:09AM
And there ya go... I remember seeing those stock carving pics, but I was puzzled at the time because it didn't look like a "standard" Appaloosa stock. A hybrid, let's say. An "Appalooranger" maybe? I like it!

I do not, however, remember seeing those engraving pics before. Really remarkable. That is gonna be one fine looking piece of work. Thanks for the update Gary.

Scott
February 13, 2012 07:07PM
Thank those of you who privately requested information on the HAWK 308.

This morning, I received confirmation that it has been SOLD.

As I mentioned at the start of this post, now we will all watch it completed ... As someone else's rifle. Including myself. winking smiley

I appreciate the interest and faith in the product. I work seven days a week, to the best I'm able. I can only complete so much work. I'm glad enough of you appreciate it to absorb it as fast as I can make it. It will never make me rich, because it takes too long to build. But; it will keep the lights on, and I'm very grateful to God that I'm able to keep working.

God Bless,
Gary
February 14, 2012 01:15AM
WooHoo!
February 14, 2012 04:08AM
Ah, properly placed credit. I like that. We are all gifted differently, and it's the greatest joy possible in life when one finds a means to utilize his/her gifting in a way that brings enjoyment to others also.

Glad to hear the piece has found a home!

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021