Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Visitors, readers

Visitors, readers
February 12, 2012 08:09PM
I've noticed this: for months now, every time I check the forum, there are somewhere around 20 "Visitors" using the forum.

That's encouraging. I'd like to invite more of you to join, so that you might post and initiate discussion. If you've read any tome here, you'll know that I'm always trying to boost the participation quota. I hear both publically and privately; that people feel they do not have anything to add. I hear that they don't feel their gun measures up. I hear that they don't feel their camera and video skills measure up. And, mostly I hear that the Internet is supposed to be a free all you can eat buffet.

The net result of this is very few new posts. Several of our posters, USED to post. They wore out with preparing posts only to get mevyo thank them, and maybe one or two others to comment. This whole thing is not a failure of the products. Not a factor of airgunning as a hobby. Not the natural end of Internet forums. It just takes a bit of the popular cultural concept of "paying it forward". It's not here unless someone bothers to put it here.

Actually, I've fought the idea since day one; that this forum is simply a showcase for my work. It's been forced to mainly exist that way, or close. However; I'd like to personally invite visitors to join and participate. Thanks for thinking about it. I come here to get a break from the endless crap that life throws at me too. It could be more of a good feeling, if there were more life here.

Best,
Gary
February 13, 2012 01:49AM
Gary,

I have sent at least 5 people here and they all love your work but like most they just lurk and wish.

Larry
February 14, 2012 12:13AM
I don't know why everyone lurks here but there are zillions of questions elsewhere... Yeah, I realize that some questions are "entry level" but we have a group of knowledgeable adults here that don't flame folks for sport and we also happen to have an actual custom airgun maker here to cover the tough questions but we get lurkers...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021