Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An Origin of Fine Work ....

An Origin of Fine Work ....
November 07, 2017 03:43AM
You must have a setting which allows you to work, and the minimum Sharp/adjusted/functional tools.

IMG_8250.JPG

Recently I've brought together a few refinements which have made this work station more efficient. Seemingly small things that take small bites of time to build in - but save time and lend organization. Lighting. A switch here. Power supply there. Tray bins. Sliding shelves.

IMG_8248.JPG

A pneumatic foot control valve badly needed adjustment. I had to tear down the components and polish them. Then finely tune the relationship positions. 34 years of minimal adjustments and usage had hit a wall. In addition, I needed to disassemble, clean, and lube tooling which is used with my air driven GRS System of pulsed air chistles and turbines.

IMG_8249.JPG

Also; it was time to tear down and correct my diamond hone for precise shaping of Gravers. The sharpening of tooling is a discipline unto itself. All the angles, cutting edges, and relief areas much be correct for tool bits to cut accurately. Grinding Cobalt with a diamond wheel requires precision jigs/fixtures to hold the bits in correct relationship to the wheel, a complete knowledge of your task, and patience. A memory for numbers and or good notes too.

Thank for reading
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 03:49AM by barnespneumatic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021