Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Sunday- Bent Wood Railing

Sunday- Bent Wood Railing
February 26, 2012 09:06PM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

That staircase that needed it's railing finished. Kelly and I did the bent wood top rail today.

More things off the list before this insurance inspection. This is the third floor master suite. Was an attic in 1980. You know, anything that exists now, has to look like Better Homes and Gardens or you arent worth giving them your money.

Keeping you in the loop. I'd rather be in the shop. But the bent railing guys didn't answer their phone ... winking smiley

Gary
February 26, 2012 11:57PM
Very nice work, Gary!!!!

You DO like wood!

You Like it, you really LIKE it more innocent
February 27, 2012 12:14PM
did you steam the rail or is it laminated.
looks like you got the right guy for the job in the end.
February 27, 2012 12:41PM
Looks great! Where'd you find a tree growing in a circle like that? wink

-- Jim
February 27, 2012 02:09PM

It's laminated in place. The laminations are moistened to take the bend. Came out solid as a rock.

BTW, in this pic you see the winding staircase I built to access this floor, when the project began long ago. It's a stick built staircase to fit the available space.

This is my 5,000th post to Rendezvous. I hope readers have enjoyed seeing a mixed bag of things which make up the life of a guy who just had to build stuff as a child. If I'd have had more sense, I guess I'd have stuck to singing at weddings and traveling around in the Gospel groups I traveled with way back. Might have had a DVD featured on Public TV ... available with a tote bag. But I went this direction cause I just had to build stuff. Guess I wore my back out doing it all.

Hope there's some time left to build some more stuff. Finish a ton that is already in the works.

Thanks for your friendship, and company on the Rendezvous. It's met a lot to me, to have you along.

God Bless,
Gary
February 27, 2012 07:05PM
nice job on both the bent rail , and the first 5000th , ill remind you of it at 10,000 ,
quality lasts.
February 27, 2012 09:51PM
I heard that Kelly bent that wood. Let that be a warning to all! laughing
February 28, 2012 09:42AM
Very nice. Fits the location to the proverbial "T".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021