Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SOLD SOLD SOLD. bullhorn boing target plane Black Aurora Firebird ...... bullhorn FOR SALE!!!!!

SOLD SOLD SOLD. bullhorn boing target plane Black Aurora Firebird ...... bullhorn FOR SALE!!!!!
May 01, 2018 01:34AM
SOLD SOLD SOLD

IMG_1192.JPGComplete. Slipjoint Design. 6" OAL

BARNES BLACK FOSSILIZED MOSQUITO TUSK

IMG_1187.JPG

Nickle Silver Liners and Pins.

Stainless Tool Steel Blade and Spring.

IMG_1189.JPG

Hand Filed Firebird Spine.

Hardened tool steel pivot Hub.

Polished blade bevels.

Very smooth operation.

IMG_1193.JPG

FOR SALE $575us. $16.50 USPS WITH INS.

DROP YOUR MARKER HERE FOR A TIME STAMP (don't count on me finding your PM before someone else drops a marker here.

I hope you like it. It appears to be sleek and even simple of design. Take my word that is deceptive. It was a lot of work.

Best,
Gary

BTW ... I've harvested and used the Black Skeeter Tusk because the reader/buyers favored Black as their favorite color ... throughout the BPS knives to date. Opinions/comments valued. I'm trying to offer a product that you'd like to give a home as an heirloom.

Oh. Point of interest: you know my efforts regarding increasing the customer base with new people. I've been told (and noted first hand), that anymore; it's a real social media world. Now, I don't have that ... I put in the time and developed the skills, but my demographic has always been mature. It's not traditional craftsmanship now - it's BUZZZzzzzz (modern popular fine work is mostly CNC, Laser, Water Jet, Tumbled, and made from the materials collected at Alien Spaceship Crash Sites. There has to be a "LUM/UM" at the end. The work is clean. Tight. Quality. Right off Clean/Tight/Quality $40k CNC Mills, EDMs, Lasers, Abrasive Water Jet Cutters. But it takes a real expert to tell the difference between a quality 20 man shop's laser, and a quality factory's laser. There aren't a lot of Old World Craftsman Lasers. Deep Relief Carving and Mosaic, comes from a time where skills took decades to master. "Sole Authorship", was the Master Craftsman's Game. Today, 23 year olds learn their skills on OLED Screens. Five man teams assemble a hybrid of commercial parts and speciality machine shop parts.

I'm either a dinosaur, or a rare breed of the single artist shop. If you value the 44 year Trek of ONE man's work, then Id appreciate your support. Thanks.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2018 02:13PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: bullhorn boing bad dude target plane Black Aurora Firebird ...... bullhorn FOR SALE!!!!!
May 06, 2018 08:13AM
What a great looking knife!

Scott
Re: bullhorn boing bad dude target plane Black Aurora Firebird ...... bullhorn FOR SALE!!!!!
May 07, 2018 11:15AM
Gary,

That is a fine looking folder. I love the spine filework.
May 09, 2018 12:59PM
BTW. Those top two pics were caught just like that. No photoshop. Just the right light at the right time. Love the pics of a real nice folder.

Gary
May 13, 2018 05:34AM
Moving Up .... Firebird. Black Barnes Tusk. German Silver and Stainless Tool Steel.

Gary
May 23, 2018 10:31PM
SPECIAL OFFER and a few paragraphs of Craftsman Psychology 601

I'll be back with the story .... but here's the SPECIAL - $495us thru Monday 5/28/18 plus $8 (I'll split the postage) in the US.

Check the MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND thread for 3 knives with details ...

Thanks!
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2018 12:29AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: SOLD SOLD SOLD. bullhorn boing target plane Black Aurora Firebird ...... bullhorn FOR SALE!!!!!
June 16, 2018 02:21PM
SOLD

I really appreciate it,

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021