SOLD SOLD SOLD. bullhorn boing target plane Black Aurora Firebird ...... bullhorn FOR SALE!!!!!
May 01, 2018 01:34AM
SOLD SOLD SOLD

IMG_1192.JPGComplete. Slipjoint Design. 6" OAL

BARNES BLACK FOSSILIZED MOSQUITO TUSK

IMG_1187.JPG

Nickle Silver Liners and Pins.

Stainless Tool Steel Blade and Spring.

IMG_1189.JPG

Hand Filed Firebird Spine.

Hardened tool steel pivot Hub.

Polished blade bevels.

Very smooth operation.

IMG_1193.JPG

FOR SALE $575us. $16.50 USPS WITH INS.

DROP YOUR MARKER HERE FOR A TIME STAMP (don't count on me finding your PM before someone else drops a marker here.

I hope you like it. It appears to be sleek and even simple of design. Take my word that is deceptive. It was a lot of work.

Best,
Gary

BTW ... I've harvested and used the Black Skeeter Tusk because the reader/buyers favored Black as their favorite color ... throughout the BPS knives to date. Opinions/comments valued. I'm trying to offer a product that you'd like to give a home as an heirloom.

Oh. Point of interest: you know my efforts regarding increasing the customer base with new people. I've been told (and noted first hand), that anymore; it's a real social media world. Now, I don't have that ... I put in the time and developed the skills, but my demographic has always been mature. It's not traditional craftsmanship now - it's BUZZZzzzzz (modern popular fine work is mostly CNC, Laser, Water Jet, Tumbled, and made from the materials collected at Alien Spaceship Crash Sites. There has to be a "LUM/UM" at the end. The work is clean. Tight. Quality. Right off Clean/Tight/Quality $40k CNC Mills, EDMs, Lasers, Abrasive Water Jet Cutters. But it takes a real expert to tell the difference between a quality 20 man shop's laser, and a quality factory's laser. There aren't a lot of Old World Craftsman Lasers. Deep Relief Carving and Mosaic, comes from a time where skills took decades to master. "Sole Authorship", was the Master Craftsman's Game. Today, 23 year olds learn their skills on OLED Screens. Five man teams assemble a hybrid of commercial parts and speciality machine shop parts.

I'm either a dinosaur, or a rare breed of the single artist shop. If you value the 44 year Trek of ONE man's work, then Id appreciate your support. Thanks.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2018 02:13PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: bullhorn boing bad dude target plane Black Aurora Firebird ...... bullhorn FOR SALE!!!!!
May 06, 2018 08:13AM
What a great looking knife!

Scott
Re: bullhorn boing bad dude target plane Black Aurora Firebird ...... bullhorn FOR SALE!!!!!
May 07, 2018 11:15AM
Gary,

That is a fine looking folder. I love the spine filework.
May 09, 2018 12:59PM
BTW. Those top two pics were caught just like that. No photoshop. Just the right light at the right time. Love the pics of a real nice folder.

Gary
May 13, 2018 05:34AM
Moving Up .... Firebird. Black Barnes Tusk. German Silver and Stainless Tool Steel.

Gary
May 23, 2018 10:31PM
SPECIAL OFFER and a few paragraphs of Craftsman Psychology 601

I'll be back with the story .... but here's the SPECIAL - $495us thru Monday 5/28/18 plus $8 (I'll split the postage) in the US.

Check the MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND thread for 3 knives with details ...

Thanks!
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2018 12:29AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: SOLD SOLD SOLD. bullhorn boing target plane Black Aurora Firebird ...... bullhorn FOR SALE!!!!!
June 16, 2018 02:21PM
SOLD

I really appreciate it,

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021