Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Watch it Barnes, I'm breathing down your neck...

Watch it Barnes, I'm breathing down your neck...
March 04, 2012 01:39AM
[www.network54.com].

Rest of the rifle to follow...............uh.................soon!

Hey, what happened to the doc? He ever finish polishing those new machines he bought?

Lon
March 04, 2012 02:00AM
Ooooohhhhhuuugh .... I'm scheerrred .... look at me, I'm shaking over heahhh!! excited

Nice job. Who needs an indexing chuck. ;?)

Neat ... I forget ... do you have one of the all in one machines with the mill head over the lathe chuck? those are nice.

Realy glad to see you working on a project.

Yeah ... I don't know about Kent. I suspect he's back engineered his track hoe and reproduced it by now! Can't wait for pics!!! ;?)

Keep the pics coming. You watch one of those Factory Made episodes and it will tell you how to do everything in three steps or less. thumbs up

Good Job.

Gary
March 04, 2012 05:16PM
Gary,

Man-cave is coming along.

Shop.JPG

Lon
March 04, 2012 06:07PM
DUDE! you ARE moving in on me!!! Only thing ... I don't see a waist high pile of steel shavings and chips. ;?). You need to stay up later ... You're young. thumbs up

Thks for posting Lon.
Gary
March 04, 2012 06:19PM
Gary,

All kidding aside I have to vacuum more than a maid. EVERYTHING in the room, constantly. It's the price I have to pay for not having a garage.

I did take your advice about the grinding, outdoors only. I have a townhouse so I have a courtyard in the front and a small backyard. They are just large enough so that if I open the sliding glass door I can work there. wink

No regrets.

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 06:20PM by Bigbore.
March 04, 2012 07:47AM
When I try the link, this is all I get...

Blocked Access.

The owner of this forum has blocked access to your network address.

I wonder what THAT is all about....more confused
March 04, 2012 06:02PM
Sean,

I made a shroud for a Hammerli 850. I just got the mini machineshop up and running so it was as much an equipment familiarization project as anything. I thought a shroud would make a good project. I used designs I've seen from time to time on the internet and it worked well for a first attempt.

I lined up the parts just like they were placed in the working assembly.

These are all the parts - the tube was a hack, I just needed it to stuff the parts into:
upload.jpg

This was the most complex from a machining standpoint. There were a lot of operations required to make it, e.g., turning, facing, drilling then boring and finally milling. This slips onto the muzzle and allows air to pass to the back of the shroud and get vented. It also keeps the tube aligned precisely to prevent pellet clipping.
PassBush.jpg

Lon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 06:06PM by Bigbore.
March 06, 2012 12:16AM
Hi Lon,

It's so nice to see you working IN YOUR OWN HOUSE.. smileys with beer

Julio
March 06, 2012 05:56AM
Julio,

In it, on it, under it. dig it I do try to squeeze in some fun from time to time.

Thanks buddy. Let me get this house rebuild out of the way and we'll all get together again.

Lon
March 06, 2012 12:20PM
Ah ... Youth and optimism. winking smiley

32 years ago, I said the same thing. However; you NEVER get a house rebuild out of the way. It's like painting a bridge. Never ends, you just move around until you find yourself rebuilding the things you thought you rebuilt before. winking smiley. Good luck. smileys with beer

Gary
Anonymous User
March 06, 2012 11:41PM
Nice shop Lon. Make one for my Yukon........................
April 19, 2012 11:24AM
on a side note ,,, the famous forth road bridge , one of the ones that they start to repaint again as they get to the far end ,,,, well , thats all come to an end , new paint technology will mean five year gaps in the repaint schedule.
how things change.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021