Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Saturday test plans

Saturday test plans
April 14, 2012 03:39AM
I'll be testing the new 308 slugs I've prototyped. Two different types.

I've also "nearly" replaced my switchblade target. That's a real help when the hay field is tall. We can't put the steel groundhogs on the ground. Can't see them, but worst ... Should we loose one and the farmer run it thru his machinery, I fear he'd be less than pleased.

I comped the previous switchblade target with Kent for all his hospitality on previous Cajun Cup shoots. I've intended to replace it ever since. Finally have most ... Well see if it gets finished to use tomorrow.

Gary
April 14, 2012 04:08AM
Looking forward to seeing your target groups! I am sure it will be an enjoyable time getting out.
Do you shoot on a friends field or just drive out to where no is around?

I asked a farmer last year if I could shoot on his property, miles from any homes, farms,
and he politely said no. But now I have my brother in laws place which is in the country smiling smiley

Cedric had a neat target on his 308 video. Need to get him to show the whole thing sometime.
Looks like it had black paint and the pellet would leave a visible mark. Seemed the impact would
cause the sheetmetal to twist in the direction of the impact making it easy to see in which direction
to adjust the scope? Might be on a spring?

I am spending all weekend indoors at a conference so I envy you being out shooting shooter

Oh look at the time, wife's shift at the nursing home is over I had better go pick her up, haha.

Have a good weekend.
April 15, 2012 01:26AM
Excellent results. Great day of shooting. I have a nice accurate 308 slug and it's a great match for the Barnes 308 barrel group.

Lots of pics and video clips. We will process and post them as we can. Jerry and his son Timmy are on their way home. Jim was unable to join us today.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021