Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Finished making parts...

Finished making parts...
April 17, 2012 04:47PM
I made a lot of progress on my project. I'm linking to the post on the air gun machining forum so that I don't have to rewrite the text and upload all the photos again.

[www.network54.com]

I'm almost ready to hang out my shingle and start making custom bigbore air guns. I'll probably start by advertising here until I get my own website up and running. I'll also offer misc. services such as roof repair, electrical work, heater repair(seasonal) and custom trailer interiors.

Please do not interpret this to mean I am competing with Gary, I absolutely REFUSE to sand anything!angry with "no" sign

Lon

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2012 04:54PM by Bigbore.
April 17, 2012 06:54PM
Looks nice Lon. Good job.

As for your business model ... pc. of free advice: make everything identical. The repetition will bore your brain to jello ... but the alternative is the flowering bouquet of individual drawings, boxes, bins, tubs, and tubes full of one off expressions of creativity. nowthatIthink I must walk outside to change a thought. No room in the shop. thumbs up
April 19, 2012 10:57AM
no one would do a complete run of prototypes and never do a run of the finished article ,,,,, would they ?????
April 21, 2012 05:51PM
I've completed the construction and started testing.

I did a sound check this morning:

[www.network54.com]...

Lon
April 21, 2012 06:33PM
Start sanding...bowing
April 22, 2012 12:11AM
Nothing to it man. 2 designs: empty 2 liter bottle stuffed with cotton or an old pillow folded in half over the muzzle. @ 500 fpe, zero POI shift.bad dude

Lon
April 21, 2012 08:39PM
I'm with Jerry. wax on...wax off..It's Good for your shoulders.! Just ask Gary.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021