Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Monday June 11th

Monday June 11th
June 12, 2012 04:04AM
Back to Maryland for more stuff. We've accomplished a lot, in spite of the required rethink of most steps in the puzzle. Plan to put a building there; find the septic and drainfield where it's unexpected. Etc, etc, etc. I'm tired and you don't need to read all that. But we have kept up the fight, and learned much. "Learned much" ... Odd and relative phrase. I probably know tens of thousands of things ... but few of them have come up this trip. Haha. I've started asking people if they'd like to know how to make Damascus Steel. Or how to make a proper chest of drawers?? Perhaps make an engraved sterling silver locket??? No??? Guess not. They want to know where the septic tank is. Where does this wire go? What time? How many loads? Will 24 feet work? Two or three doors? Can God make a rock so big he can't lift it? My poor little head is fried.
We did get Internet and cable today. Another courteous, knowledgable, helpful guy showed up to do the work. Yeah, well ... it's in the other room. I'm sitting here on a blow up matteress too tired to go use it. Haha.
Thats the state of the state. I'm in the weeds of details right now. But it's getting sorted out.
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2012 04:08AM by barnespneumatic.
June 12, 2012 05:28PM
Glad to hear all is well in the big move. It is always hectic especially when going that far.All the little things that you do now are what turn it fro m your house into your HOME.The( big rock )is in everybodys life and some people ask for help to move it some people break it into little pieces to move some people sit by and wait for other people to move it for them but think of the feeling you get when it is finely lifted/moved!! YOU DID IT with the help of the LORD.You are blessed in many ways Gary Do you have a final plug in date or just going to take it as it comes? Just think of the day when you turn on the big open for business sign (NEON)??? Or the gone fishing sign whoohoo Anyways be safe driving and dont over do the lifting mind says ya body says na

Thanks
Kurt
June 13, 2012 02:49AM
Good point. When life gives you a boulder too big to move by yourself, it's time to admit you need help.

As long as your friends bring the right drill and enough dynamite, there's no problem that's too big to solve.more innocent
June 13, 2012 12:54PM
Thank you Kurt and Sean,
I'm working out the details. As you rightly predict, they are many. Few things are linear from point A to B.
I suspect it will be like all of the big projects. It will move from idea to reality in a manner best viewed with time lapse photography. One day it will shift from being "well started" to "more finished". The gun projects move that way, and one day they are capable of going to the range for proofing. Unless you have a sizable team, the one man operation moves at a deliberate pace.
Right now, we are doing excavation work in prep of building the auxiliary shop. Altering the site location to adjust to what we found between the initial planning and the reality on the ground.
Thanks for your well wishes.
Gary
June 13, 2012 11:04PM
Gary,
I am glad to hear that this place suits you so well. Also glad to hear about the end of your estate woes, what a great relief that is. Life will be so much more enjoyable now. ( no more Lawyers!! ). It's about time the universe gave you a 'Break'. Enjoy it.! "festive"

Rick G.
June 14, 2012 12:16AM
Thank you Rick,
I appreciate the thoughts. You know, no matter the empathy for my situations ... I know the progression of one issue after the other has been, and remains, a drag. So much more fun to drop in on happy times. But, it's been as represented. And we have pushed through. And resolved some issues. Now we are processing the move. We will figure it out, and do it. Would be mote fun to report that it's complete. We shall have to get from here to there. winking smiley)
BTW, we are back in Md. And, I shall NEVER drive through that cursed I-270/495/95S corridor again! Lovely two hours of madness once again, from lower Va. up around the Washington beltway and off towards Frederick. Wow, people do this everyday of their lives? And, you pass tons of wonderful little single family clone home villages "from the 700's". Wow.
At any rate, we are back in Maryland. House and maintenance "people" did their jobs. All is well. 1,100 miles from Home.
Gary
June 14, 2012 03:58PM
1100 miles is a fair piece of driving, especially when you're pulling a trailer. We pulled a 20 foot trailer up to Alaska on the last move. Most of the trip was fine, but we also caught the C. Springs / Denver section during evening rush hour, and then through Edmonton, Canada at lunch hour. Poor planning perhaps, but it gives you a real appreciation for the guys that drive commercially and pull a trailer through that traffic every day. I'm sure glad that I don't have to, it was very stressful.
June 14, 2012 05:02PM
Hi Sean,
BTW, got a long box here. thumbs up. House sitters had it inside on sun porch.
We got to the Va. mess early at rush hour. You just can't plan for long distant arrivals. We would have been through there early, but had to kill 90 minutes or so to wait out an accident mess. I was lucky enough to duck off an exit just as I rounded a bend and saw bumper to bumper wall to wall stopped traffic to the horizon. That killed the schedule and put us in the soup hours later. We even studied the Atlas for an alternative. Got off on 17 and got caught in 45 mph red light hell for miles. Turned around and went back to 95.
We will find a way. Night travel is great, but it doesn't stay night for 20 hours ... HERE anyway. Haha.
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021