Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Small stuff ....

Small stuff ....
June 15, 2012 03:24AM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Just a small thought. I bought this small pair of flat nosed pliers around 1964 - maybe earlier. I distinctly recall sitting on the edge of my bed, at my card table work bench covered with work projects ... and using these pliers. Then, the handles were molded in yellow plastic with red tips. They are nice little box jointed pliers. Well made, and that's why they have lasted through at least 48 years of my using them. I looked at them today, after I laid them down on the bench ... snd thought that they are now gonna move to yet another workshop. Funny, I also have many tools from my grandfather's shop. He never had a nice shop, but always worked with tools all his life. I use some of them most days in the shop. They will be moving again too. Hopefully we'll all have a nice shop to work in. thumbs up

Just a thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2012 03:31AM by barnespneumatic.
June 15, 2012 01:32PM
Ya Gary its funny the things that spark memories. My father died a few years back and being the only male child my mother gave me (with my sisters approval) all the tools he had aquired over the years which was alot he was seinor mechanical technition at a Dow medical product plant after Lufkin rule closed . Anyways there was a screwdriver that i had been using as a chisel beating on it with a hammer. Think i was building a fort ( back in the 60s) but he found the tool with the metal shaft protruding the handle and the wood split he gave me a long TALKING to (thats what they called it back then) and proceeded to tape up that handle.I still have that screw driver and cant look at it without reminding me of my good ole dad. He did show me where the chisels were kept and also the screw driver with the metal button on the top of the handle made for hitting Can i blame it on proper training i think not just wanted to share a tool story with ya Dont loose those pliers in the move

Thanks
Kurt
June 15, 2012 04:09PM
It's gonna be semi-controlled chaos for a time until all those little odd-n-ends show back up in their new "proper" places in the Florida shop.why me

Even the most organized move introduces an element of surprise into your day for months or even years afterwards, as you find things in unexpected places. Every trip to the tool box becomes a bit of an adventure, and all the little things that you knew EXACTLY where they were in the old shop will be distributed at random about the new shop. Trust me, I've moved, on average, about every two years since I've been married, and I've been married over twenty years now. I'm STILL finding things all the time that I have no idea how they got there. It's also part of the reason why I've got three (or maybe four) pretty much identical 25 foot tape measures, four or five caulking guns (of which I currently can't find a one), two or three claw hammers, who knows how many phillips head screwdrivers, etc. I'm still trying to figure out why all the phillips heads go AWOL all the time while the flat-tip seem to multiply in the dark of the toolbox, who knows?

There's times when you'll bound to miss the old hollow tree. After all, the MD house was the right place for a long time, even though circumstances have changed. A lot of memories go into a home, good and bad, and time has a way of glossing over the bad and keeping the good, at least for most folks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021