Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Doing well ...

Doing well ...
June 19, 2012 02:31AM
Organizing equipment and some help. I have a plan and a system. Some components are yet to arrive, but much is in place.
This is no simple task or move. And, of course, it's outside my comfort zone. I'm a shop creature. Hate to travel. But since there's a chance I might live another 20 or 30 years, I just have to get some room to work. I have no flat surfaces upon which to set down a coffee mug. winking smiley

I'll let you know as I progress. Keep a good thought.

Gary
June 19, 2012 08:35AM
At some point in every move, there comes a time when you'd be willing to part with everything except your passport and maybe a toothbrush just to be done with the whole process. It's a "good" move if that point comes when you're nearly done unpacking. If you're still loading/packing boxes when that happens, it's gonna be a long haul.
June 19, 2012 12:25PM
Passed that point some time back. I'll stick with the plan. It was sound. Second guessing it now won't help. thumbs up
Anonymous User
June 21, 2012 09:11PM
Sound,s like you will like it.
June 22, 2012 01:28AM
I had help today. We did a whirlwind trip thru the shop and garden shed (where I had several pcs, if woodworking equipment stored). We loaded a big bunch of stuff into the trailer. Quite a few pcs. of smaller equipment from the shop (extra saws, extra drill press, extra compressor, plasma cutter, stick welder, and a dozen other such items).
Nice 100 degree day here. Was 85 at home in Florida today. We're moving out of this oppresive heat! hahahah.
A temporary partition in the trailer allows loading home furniture and household goods in front. Shop equipment in the center sectrion over the axles ... and a catch all section in the rear. Note to self: Don't forget to TAKE the handtruck and Pallet Jack for unloading!!! haha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021