Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Bison Update

Bison Update
June 20, 2012 10:55PM
I have completed the casting mold set - which casts roughly a 282 grain bullet head and a 457 grain Raptor type slug.

I have also nearly completed the barrel clamp set which will secure the barrel, and also provide a ramrod carry method what was not part of the prototype.

In addition, I've been preparing shop items to be packed into the trailer. Tomorrow, I've arranged for help to dig out items to palletize. I've serviced the pallet jack. And ... somewhere in the "cloud" is a WARN Pullzall winging it's way here. It will provide the grunt to load and unload. And, disassemble heavy components for their pallets.

.... got these color TVs .... singing
June 20, 2012 11:10PM
Palletize and rent a forklift?
June 21, 2012 02:17AM
Long, long ago ... I made a trade with a guy that was moving (as the story goes). One of the things I acquired, was a hydraulic pallet roll jack. Like the things employees try to run you down with, late saturday night, when Walmart is restocking their shelves ... ya know. grinning smiley

So ... I'm mobile with a 4,500 pound pallet. The electric winch will to the dirty work. Old Guys have to work smarter. Another idea!
June 21, 2012 02:43PM
Just don't get downhill from one of those things on a slope. They can get away from you faster than you'd think, and a couple of tons can build up a pretty good head of steam.

A long time ago I worked for a landscaping/sprinkler company that used one to unload pallets of sod from a rented truck. It worked great when we got the truck with the lift gate, but the truck with the pull-out ramp was another story! injured
June 22, 2012 12:54AM
Hi Sean,
That's why I'm not going the Ryder truck route. No chest high truck beds to load heavy stuff into. And, I did check into lift gates on rental trucks. They ARE available ... but ONLY for LOCAL moves. Guess they don't want to have a rare long truck with a lift gate one way stuck in the middle of the Florida panhandle waiting for someone to move a shop to Maryland. hahah.
So - that's why I'm loading a low slung box trailer. Long easy ramp.
Thanks for the caution.
Gary
Anonymous User
June 21, 2012 08:59PM
Moving is difficult and stressful.///////
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021