Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Mail screwed up again

Mail screwed up again
June 27, 2012 01:54AM
Sorry. I have no idea what's wrong. Been much of the day fooling with this again. I get error messages that it's having trouble hooking up to servers which it is not set up to contact. Won't even try to explain because 1). You'd be mad at me because I'm too stupid to understand how simple this is. 2). I'd be mad at you for suggesting that it's simple and I'm once again chasing windmills.

The Net Result: Mail is Screwed. Don't try to reach me that way for the time being. Send a PM via the inner-forum PM system. I can get that and answer you. Sorry. I really, really, really hate this stuff. Everybody has a fix - none of them last.

Try a PM if you need me.

BTW ... yes ... I know route 10 is closed. Yes ... I need to use that to get to my place. Yep ... Gary's special brand of luck has not totally run out. Hey - if the house and shop are there ... that's progress though .. right? I might have to drive in thru Michigan ... but ... hey ... it's only miles .. pushingarock
June 27, 2012 09:58PM
Gary,

My youngest is on his way back to FSU and has to pass by some of the worst areas. Will let you know if he makes it. Good luck.

Keith
June 27, 2012 11:30PM
Thanks Keith,
On the road. Decided on 81 to take 10 out of the equation. That and aggravation that delayed leaving. Wasn't going near the mixing bowl after 1pm. So; I did Frederick rush hour instead.
Trailer is pulling well. 8.9 mpg on the truck computer. Yummy.
Hope your son packed dry socks. winking smiley

Gary
June 28, 2012 05:48AM
8.9 mpg...ouch It's about what our Expedition got pulling our old trailer, spent way too much time in 3rd gear too with the too-small 4.6liter V-8. I expect your Hemi probably does quite a bit better power-wise.

Of course the Dodge with the Cummins 5.9 diesel is another matter, but then they're also quite a bit more expensive upfront. Mine got about 16mpg pulling the same trailer as the Expedition, and still gets about 20mpg with just a topper and whatever we load in the back.
June 28, 2012 11:42PM
My truck was the wild card. It's the 5.7 gas HEMI. 5 speed auto with the towing package that kicks the range down when you push the button. It's rated to pull a fair load, but I worried about the brakes, etc. Well, as it turns out ... The trailer is dual axle with electric brakes. Those work great. I had to have a controller installed. Lots of choices for brake grab and delay. It's set up great for this full load. Also, i got a fairly comprehensive load leveling / stabilizer assembly. That makes a world of difference.

It's all working very well together. We were forced to go down 81 and that's all mountain climbing. Truck did fine. I bailed out on 77 and 26 to 95. Idiot proof after that. Just drive. The NC roads have long sections that could use some flat stuff over their rubble. winking smiley. Mostly, it's been pretty good.

The whole move plan is a huge project. Complicated. Expensive to pull off any way you try. But this is manageable. It's working for us. Second trip in the cycle is going well.

Later. Green bowing
Gary
June 30, 2012 01:05AM
Glad to hear it's working for you. The electric brakes are a wonderful thing when they're working right, which should be most of the time. The only time I've had problems with them it was typically the plug/umbilical connection between the truck and the trailer. Those 7-pin connectors are great when they're shiney and new, but not so great once they get a bit corroded. It takes a bit of preventative maintenance when you use them in road salt country or when you live close to the sea, and you've got both.
June 28, 2012 08:31PM
I got texted this afternoon that he arrive home safely. He spent the night in Gainesville with his brother because the road was closed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021