Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Garys new house

Garys new house
June 28, 2012 09:18PM
So has any one seen Garys new house yet ? I was lucky enough to find these photos on line and thought i would share them with ya~all!!! Now i can understand the gasmileage issues but not the traffic congestion or road closures hahaha.If you notice the shooting range fits nice just wheel over to window and blast away.I have never seen such an organized display in my life. Still cant figure out where to put the coffee/ cappuccino machine must be in the fab shop? Thats where the real work happens. Looks like Sean (rotorhead) stoped by to help with the move. Good friends are hard to find When i find photos of the new shop i will try to post them too

Thanks
Kurt
NewHouse1.JPG
NewHouse2.JPG
NewHouse3.JPG
NewHouse4.JPG
June 28, 2012 10:58PM
Hi Kurt,
Your 411 is wrong brother ... That's the "guest cottage" and groundskeeper's ride. Can't go driving the Hummers over the 25,000 acres. More coffee

You trying to get me killed Kurt! Haha.

I'll remember that. ;?)

Gary
June 28, 2012 11:19PM
Ok my bad i meant to say the late great NRA president Charleston Hestons (aka) Moses house and basement arsenial , Being president has its advantage but i didnt know he was friends with Rotorhead hmmmm?????? who knew

Thanks
Kurt
June 28, 2012 11:30PM
Yeah. I'll let Rotorspeak for himself. But I doubt he'd be caught "slumin" in that. Haha.
winking smiley
June 29, 2012 01:51PM
Waffle House ..... Yummmm.

Everything going well. winking smiley. Detour as required. Fla 511 says it's open. However: wafflehouse WORD is different.

Gary
June 30, 2012 01:13AM
yeah...right...eye rolling smiley I sure WISH I had a connection to that setup. Hestons collection of military weapons was apparently second to none, easily besting most museums on that count. I drool every time I see those photos. excited

Ironically, the most dangerous part of the whole shebang was probably the MU-2 turboprop parked out front. They're decent airplanes when flown by professional pilots, but had/have a well-founded reputation for being fatally dangerous to owner/operators with limited experience. They went through a period where you could pick them up for a song, and therefore were often flown by pilots whose financial abilities often exceed their piloting skills. With predictable results. The Reaper

the house looks OK too, I guess...grinning smiley
June 30, 2012 05:20PM
I am not big avaitation guy (even though my dad was in the airforce) guess i thought that those blades turned to horizontal for take off but .. after closer inspection looks like just a cool plane! Didnt know about the problems they had with them just like everything proper training and experience are key and can usually chalk up errors to operators. But the military collection is phenomal in pictures!! Could only IMAGINE real live tour with a little hands on experience all except for the back pack flame thrower on the wall That would be a terrible piece of weaponery to use in testing or active duty YUCK!! Looking hard for airgun there has to be one in there cant imagine the military using air guns for training and not finding practical purpose like pump up grenade launcher or message launching device

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2012 05:28PM by kurt wag.
July 01, 2012 10:09PM
Don't worry about that too much Kurt. Most regular airplane pilots look at those tiny wings on the MU-2 series and wonder where the "real" wings went. grinning smiley

It's one of the reasons why they had such a bad accident rate. For their time they were a real hot-rod airplane (still no slouch today speed-wise for a turboprop), they don't take well to slowing down much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021