Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Maryland - Tuesday

Maryland - Tuesday
July 09, 2012 08:19PM
Planning the next load of tools, etc.

Kent arrives in a few hours with another trailer.

Cement being poured within days for new shop building.

Computer still jacked up. Mail down. Please use PM system here if you need me.

Looking forward to getting a life back. This isn't it. Some part of every three component equation is missing now. Will be like this and worse until it gets better.

Still occasionally sane.

Thanks for checking in.

Gary
July 10, 2012 02:19AM
Kent arrived with an aircraft carrier sized trailer. Gonna just put the entire old shop in it. Disassemble - toss the wood out the roof vent. Simple.

grinning smiley
July 10, 2012 07:31PM
Somebody better tell the elves that while the shop might be moving, the hollow tree is staying.chainsaw
July 10, 2012 04:21PM
What a guy!Weightsbowing
July 11, 2012 02:46AM
The trailer was loaded today. I mean we kicked butt. Mostly mine! haha.

We loaded a machine lathe. A pantograph mill. A rifling bench. A hydraulic rolling mill. A stationary surface grinder. A huge metal band saw. A blower assembly. Endless materials - tubing, billet aluminum, steel, etc. The muzzler and inbox. Whole bunch of other stuff.

This gonna work.

Gary
July 11, 2012 03:06AM
Wow, that mede me tired just reading of all that stuff you got loaded. Got a Diesel to haul it?!
July 11, 2012 03:10AM
Yes - Kent has a heavy Dodge with Cummins turbo Diesel on a 2500 truck. thumbs up
July 11, 2012 04:31PM
That'll do 'er! Those Cummins engines are the cat's meow for towing trailers. As long as the trailer brakes are in good shape, the truck ought to handle whatever you can throw at it in that trailer.

Well....uhm...HOW big is your anvil collection, Gary?whistling
July 11, 2012 09:36PM
Today, another lathe lathe went into my trailer. Along with a 20 ton press, a 50 ton press, floor drill press, smaller machine lathe. Two
Milling machines and stands. A bunch of chucks and tooling and dies by the bucket full. Floor knife grinder station went in. The major components of the shop are loaded as of now.

There are numerous woodworking machines left - but those are lighter. I must tear down my power hammer part by part. Thats huge. But it's coming along.

Gary.
July 11, 2012 10:06PM
Good deal. My sister in law has a Dodge 2500 HD W/Cummins Diesel, That thing Don't care what you hook up to it, & she gets 19Mpg no matter what she is hauling. I love driving it.grinning smiley
July 11, 2012 04:52PM
Sounds like a lot of work moving, but sure it will all be worth it when settled.

Wish you continued safe travels.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2012 04:53PM by pedrog.
July 12, 2012 03:43AM
Thanks Pedro. I appreciate the well wish and vote of confidence.
Just have to keep at it. One trailer at a time.
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021