Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Monday - 23rd

Monday - 23rd
July 23, 2012 08:13PM
Doing the next steps in the puzzle.

Sorry for the whole project taking so long. It's huge.

Work will resume on the guns, as soon as I have the shops patched together. I've never waited until everything was all neat and tidy. As soon as I can work on the projects, I will. I know that's no comfort to those who are waiting. Believe me, "I" want your gun to ship far more then you do. ;?)

Yesterday was another of those days. Kelly's Dad is OK now - but they had to call 911 for his Diabetic imbalance yesterday. Frightened everyone.

We lost one of our dogs. Stopped eating Friday. Always kept inside with plenty of water. People have been dropping in 3-4 times a day to play, feed, walk the dogs. By Sunday night, she was worse. Had to do the emergency care Vet service. Horribly expensive. Did what we could afford. They said her blood work was all screwed up big time. Didn't know why. Also dehydrated - though she'd been drinking. They did I.V., treatments, antibiotics, bunch of stuff all night. They close 8am Monday. Had to have her taken to another place then. They said they didn't see her recovering. Would take a bunch of hugely expensive wide ranging testing - they had no clue of the problem, and no guarantees. 99% needing expensive surgeries by the look of her. No guarantees. And - they thought her organs were damaged now.

So; it's been a bummer. I'm working on this fence the insurance people thought would look nice here.

Just checking in. Explaining. Wishing I had a happier tune. We're out in the middle of this wilderness of a move. It's good and bad. Trying to make the most of it, and get back to work. I know everybody is waiting.

Best,
Gary
July 24, 2012 02:18AM
Sorry to hear about the dog. Been there,done that,didn't like it , but you have to do what you have to do.
As for the rest of it... Slow down, at least as much as is possible. you need to be able to "Enjoy" you new digs.!sunny
July 24, 2012 02:45AM
Thanks Rick.
I appreciate it.
I am trying to keep a good thought and get some enjoyment from the new community. Have to keep a balance as you suggest.
There's a farmers market we keep missing. It's only open certain hours which we don't know. And, we saw a small brightly painted Shak that sells fresh shrimp on it's schedule. Gotta do that.
Some of the stuff has to get marked off. Insurance people nagged to get a set of steps where a deck will go. Then, with the steps there, they said it lead to an area with a hazard requiring a fence. That was inaccessible before. Haha. Guess the fence will now be too high or some such ... Gotta please those who check the boxes and rule us.
God Bless
Gary
July 24, 2012 03:54AM
Sorry about your dog Gary. I know you and Kelly gave your dogs a great life.

Keep yourselves healthy during your move,

Kent
July 24, 2012 07:30AM
Glad to hear that your father in law is OK, it's a scary thing when the sugar gets out of whack.

Sorry to hear about your dog. We had to put down our last beagle a couple of months ago and it'a hard thing to let them go, even when it's obvious that it's the only way. Similar scenario, except there's no vet here full-time, only one week a month. The rest of the time you have to fly your pet to Juneau or get on the ferry and take them there yourself. It seems she just got old all of a sudden, after years of plugging right along with no problems at all. Sad, though. People who don't keep pets don't understand what a big hole it leaves in your life when they're gone.
July 24, 2012 12:57PM
Not Gretchen! She was a good girl. frown Major bummer.

-- Jim
July 24, 2012 06:40PM
We love our dogs. But I hate that they never live long enough. frown
Why can't they make dogs that live longer?

I'm glad to here Kelly's dad is OK. That kind of excitement is never fun.
July 24, 2012 07:22PM
Yes. We have terrible luck with things like this happening when we go away. Hope that changes now that this is home. winking smiley
Anonymous User
July 24, 2012 10:35PM
Hope ypu and Kelly are ok, I understand about the parent's and when they get older. Lost my grandfather and everyone took it hard. He was 94 when he passed and was a ww2 and korean war veteran. We have two dog's that are both ten year's old and they are a big part of the family. I hope you have better luck, and watch out for the tractor, they tend to get away sometime's.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021