Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Tuesday - 24th July

Tuesday - 24th July
July 25, 2012 01:30AM
Made the morning run to Walmart. Things that didn't make it into the trailer. Needed a cheap level to set the fence posts plumb on the mounts. That always leads to other things. Brings you back to get the tools out just as the shade is moving away from the area. Worked on that for a couple hours or a couple thousand brain cells fried. Took a break.

Lunch.

Worked in the shop some on the bed project. Yes - I was serious. I'm stuck with the shops until I can get this other building errected. I tried to light a bit of a fire under them today. I got the excavation done pretty quickly. Laid out the money for that. Got the concrete laid pretty quickly. Laid out the money for that. Those were two different contractors. Now - it's the actual building errector crew I'm waiting on. Of course, it will most likely work out that I'm not here when they want to do it.

For those of you advising me to take a day off ... gonna hit the beach for a bit tomorrow. Visit with the family here. Kelly loves the beach. I bought a boat anchor (mushroom 10 pound type) for my floaty chair this evening at Walmart. It's exhausting fighting the surf and tide to avoid people all day. I'm fighting back with technology. We'll see if it works.

About to make the run again. Load more - do more. Oh joyful bliss. House and shop in Md. are now gutted. At that point where literal dozens upon dozens of things that didn't make the cut need to go somewhere, be sold, donated, tossed .... just shoot me ... crazy

Well, that's our report from Florida where it's oppressively hot - but much cooler then much of the country these days. Actually, in the shade - there's a breeze, and it's tolerable. Of course ... I'm not sitting in the shade - feelin the breeze ....

Gary
July 25, 2012 03:01PM
Have fun at the beach! As this forum is big on safety, here's the beach safety Tip of the Day, Swim parallel to the beach when caught in a rip tide to prevent being washed out to sea in your floaty chair.scared
July 25, 2012 09:24PM
Thanks Kent!

That's THE tip everyone needs to remember at the beach. Don't fight the Riptide.

Actually, my anchor worked great. It was funny. It was clear several people just could NOT understand how I was sitting still while they washed down the beach! Haha. Two younger girls had float chairs like mine. They were thrashing and paddling. Looking at me oddly. I pulled my hand from the water and revealed the yellow anchor rope. Tapped my head and smiling said ... "We get older ... but learn things ... bye!" laughing. And they floated away. winking smiley. 10 pound mushroom anchor - Walmart - $17.97.

Gary
July 25, 2012 08:28PM
Enjoy the water, just watch out for those kids & their 'Boogie' boards playing around in the surf, as they HURT! ( don't ask me how i know )
July 25, 2012 09:28PM
Thks Rick!

Yes, they were busy. One young lady seemed to have TWO young men offering their support and teaching skills, as she Boggie Boarded. Haha. Real humanitarians! Haha.

Gary
Anonymous User
July 25, 2012 10:23PM
Nice to see you relaxing and very impressed with your ability to improvise. Maybe you should invest in a kayak. Get around quietly and see the wildlife and fishing is great way to relax. Gary witn a tan.......
July 26, 2012 05:27AM
One piece of advice from someone who's been there...the whole stand-up paddleboard craze is for the youngsters. I rented one in Hawaii and took it back to the beach after about fifteen minutes. Spent the whole time fighting just to stay upright, let alone paddling. They swapped me for a sit-on-top type kayak and it was MUCH more fun, easy to maneuver, far more stable than I expected. The kayaks are molded out of that virtually indestructible plastic, I'm not sure you could break one if you tried. Ought to be available used, the kids would doubtless love it though they'd take some supervision as they can get out of range pretty fast.
July 26, 2012 01:55PM
Thanks Rotor,

Let me assure you, and the readers ... there is ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of me trying any of those things. I feel like shark bait just being in the float chair. stunned And, that beats me up enough. My "young and daring" days Weights are waaay in the rear view mirror. winking smiley I am a shop creature, who must come out to mingle with the family. Pipe smoker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021