Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Thursday 27th

Thursday 27th
July 27, 2012 04:16AM
Checked in here before turning in. Hummm. Looks like ... mic'd Gary's moving ... and nothing else is happening in the world. More sad

Gary better get done soon knucklehead; so we can all get back to enjoying our airguns! skeet shooter fudd

winking smiley

wow
July 27, 2012 03:52PM
Darn, I was hoping to see the new building under construction, two more trailers being unloaded with great new homemade equipment and pictures from the beach.pushingarock

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2012 03:53PM by Bigbore.
July 27, 2012 04:55PM
Hi Lon,
I tried to take some pics. But couldn't get any without bikinis in the shot. winking smiley. Maybe I can stage something out back here. Give me a few minutes. Haha.
Gary
July 27, 2012 04:16PM
YES pictures from the beach with that mushroom anchor tied to Garys big toe would be great ! Glad to see ya relaxing, you need to have some me time with all that driving your doing and stress of such a large undertaking. You got a couple months till snow flies hahaha NO RUSH

Thanks
Kurt
July 27, 2012 05:00PM
SNOW FLYING!!! Oh no!!! dig it

Man, I've spent most of my time looking for stuff. Of course, nothing has a place yet. And I can't be certain it even got into a trailer. So, I look for a awhile and then go get one at Lowes or Walmart. Sure is handy to have both just 4 miles away down a country road. Love that.

Gotta finish this fence to get the insurance people off my back. Heck, one reason I left Md was the insurance nest of vipers. At least this is something I was gonna do anyway.

Not too badwhen it's overcast.

Gotta get back. Thanks for the posts guys.

Gary
July 27, 2012 10:00PM
What that? You can't take a photo at Lowes or Home Despot without getting too many bikinis in the shot?

They must hire a TOTALLY different kind of employee for the stores down there...surprised
July 28, 2012 02:55AM
Lon,
Waiting for the build crew to give me a date to errect the building. They supposedly call Thursday or Friday to arrange for the following week. So I hear. But no call today, so no build next week. Bummer. Just waiting now. All ready.
I've also had soooo many issues with the used John Deere tractor, that the dealership has actually said they thought it was in better shape, and have offered to buy it back. SOLD!!! This can be one of those examples of where someone drags their trade in to a dealer and it's the next guy that gets screwed. At any rate, I'm done with it. It's been a real bummer of an experience.
The fence is nearly complete. Pic tomorrow. It's been a project of 1) gather materials 2) hunt for tools. 3) start work 4) need something. 5) too hot, must wait til later 6) need something. 7) can't find tools. 8) storm. 9) work a bit - sweat thru three tee shirts. 10) need something. 11) too hot. 12) accidently nearly complete project.
Working on an actual build project in the middle of a move is a real treat. There's been so many "pile on" amendments to the whole move. Those are the real drags on your momentum. We'll get it, but it won't be a "gimme" project. pushingarock
thumbs up

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2012 03:01AM by barnespneumatic.
July 28, 2012 05:08AM
Gary,

"Waiting for the build crew to give me a date to errect the building. They supposedly call Thursday or Friday to arrange for the following week. So I hear. But no call today, so no build next week. Bummer. Just waiting now. All ready."

Something I learned the hard way: You have to have a completion date on a construction contract with a penalty for failure to complete on time. The swimming pool contractor trick is to dig the hole during the summer and complete them during the slow season. why me

Lon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2012 05:09AM by Bigbore.
July 28, 2012 05:37AM
Lon,
They don't have a penny yet, so I guess they'll show sooner then later.
Salesman told me not to give them a cent til I was satisfied with the build.
The excavation contractor was a seperate guy. In and done. Not part of the steel building contractor. The concrete guy was a seperate small business. Locals both. They were in and out. It's the actual steel building company (far bigger multi-state concern) that does the build. They have build teams - who might be subs. But these other guys were small local guys. Glad to use them. They did a great job. I hadn't made that clear - sorry.
I can always buy some blue tarps. Maybe some shipping containers? Another idea!
.... hahah.
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2012 05:50AM by barnespneumatic.
July 28, 2012 05:55AM
Hi Rotor,
Yeah - it's true. winking smiley
But you wouldn't have wanted to see the guy at the "Contractor's Desk". He just really should be wearing a one pc.! stunned
Gary
July 28, 2012 03:56AM
Sounds about the same as my 'Addition', which was started Nov,2011 & is Still going On.!not lookin' good
July 28, 2012 05:44AM
Hi Rick,

Well, as you know ... I'm the last person on earth justified to be impatient. So; I'll have to wait. winking smiley Just blogging as to why I'm not yet moving in.

Man, if I were just a bit younger .... I'd have bought a pile of materials and built the thing. A nice lodge type pole building. But - these guys put up a 150 mph wind rated steel building in less then a day. Guess they are pretty busy doing that. Man, I'd hate to do that in this heat! Whewwww!!! injured Hope they get a cooler week ... who knows ... maybe that's part of the equation.

Good to hear from ya!
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2012 05:52AM by barnespneumatic.
Anonymous User
July 29, 2012 12:47AM
We have a team that install's ductwork in attic's.
July 29, 2012 01:59AM
That's crazy Don. Are they lizards or something? How can they survive?
July 29, 2012 06:36AM
No kidding. I remember the summer heat from when I was stationed in "LA" ...Lower Alabama, that is. laughing again

You can work up a sweat just stepping out of a cold shower down there. And that was back when I was young and skinny, I'd be toast nowadays. hot smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021