Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Monday ... Forced intermission

Monday ... Forced intermission
August 13, 2012 05:54PM
Sitting in Drs. Office an hour from home. Same Pain Clinic ... Different location in Howard County.

Right leg just went on strike. Wants less hours. Better working conditions. More perks. It's about numb - the parts that aren't tingling and hurting. Major bummer. Not exactly ideal conditions for a little 1,100 mile drive. Appointments with contractors lined up. Trailers to unload.

So; fortunately my Doc's office agreed to see me here, and hopefully give me epidural injections tomorrow. I'll have to come back here. Then, we wait for the miraculous recovery. It's usually pretty quick, really. Accompanied with the caution to work less. Slow down. Don't do as much physical stuff.

Yes, this is a reminder that we are doing much of this because I'm not aging to perfection. Too much to maintain here. Still devistatingly handsome, in a balding/limping sort of way ... whistling ... but the back has seen its best days. And, it would be nice to just pick up this project again later ... But the shop is in trailers, the house is a wreck, and .....

Doc will see you now ...

Resume: Doctor will see me at this surgery center tomorrow morning. Yeah!!! Thank God. Just driving down to this location killed my leg. Produces a super creepy feeling I just want to run from, and can't. So; that's a huge help. Couple of days rest - hopefully I'll be good as new. grinning smiley

Gary
August 13, 2012 05:59PM
Thanks Kelly, for doing all this phone work. Tracking down the various offices. Talking them into seeing me. Setting up the appointment. Getting directions. Going along and then driving me home. As well as beingnon duty tomorrow to drive me. You are the best!
Gary
Anonymous User
August 13, 2012 09:49PM
I told you to be careful young man! I hope you feel better, and I know this is something you must do. It is always great to have someone to be there and Kelly sound's awesome.Good luck and it sound's like you need a break.
August 14, 2012 02:08AM
Sorry to hear this !

Sadly, lots of driving is one of the worst things you can do to your back.....not that you have a choice, though !

Good Luck
August 14, 2012 03:23AM
Thanks Doc,
The injections always help. Yeah. Driving is a bear. This AM, I wondered if I were trying to push the details to get treatment. The rush preliminary appt. Going to a new office an hour away. Hoping to meet the criteria for immediate injections.
Before we'd driven five miles, my foot was feeling it. Fifteen miles and my thigh was locking up. I was miserable before we got there. Kelly had to drive Home. This time it really came on fast.
But, we know what we are dealing with, and there is a treatment that has been very successful for years. And, you are correct ... there's no sitting out the rest of the project. As you know Doc, I'm trying to get this done so I can stay put, and not find that I waited too long to move. We'll push it over the finish line. winking smiley

Gary
August 14, 2012 03:04PM
Ah shoot. We all knew it was going to catch up with you eventually, but I was kinda hoping you'd be at a good stopping point when it hit. Hope you feel better soon.
August 14, 2012 03:11PM
I'm good Sean. Plan is to pack your rifle and ship in a couple days. thumbs up

Thanks for the good wish. winking smiley

Gary
August 14, 2012 03:05PM
Alive and well. Hey, they had WARM BLANKETS and a pillow at this place! So that's how the other half get injections!! Haha. Still 5" needles and they hurt like heck. But I'm fine. I live to make another trip South! Haha
August 14, 2012 08:10PM
Hope you feel better. You sound pretty upbeat.... guess complaining would do no good...
August 14, 2012 08:32PM
Well, I've thought of calling select customers to complain at length. on the phone. Let me verify your home phone ... 555-5555? Is that it???

laughing

Yeah, I'm up beat. Note: don't go until 4pm without any caffeine. knucklehead. Major headache!!! They won't let you have it before proceedure. And, we had lunch afterwards and I chose .... Sprite! I chose ... poorly. Came home. Required rest ... Meaning Nap. Woke up with the group STOMP in my head!! Whooooh.

winking smiley. Improving,

Gary
August 15, 2012 12:16PM
Gary,
Sorry to hear the back is telling you what to do (not to do) agian! I hope you have a speedy recovery after the injections.
Scott
August 15, 2012 01:05PM
Thank you Scott, I appreciate it. They have always helped before.
I do wonder how many times you can do this before I turn green and bust out of my shirt. winking smiley. We'll see.
Gary
August 15, 2012 08:46PM
WHat happened Gary. I remember the days when you could just hop up on the table, bend over and get an epidural. No sedation, full breakfast. Ten minutes later out the door sans crutches.

I know, to each his own. Hope you are doing better now. BTW, I've still got that crutch if you are looking for it.

Kent
August 15, 2012 10:27PM
Heated blankets! They probably had to force you to leave!

Hopefully this round works as good as the last.
smiling smileyRe: Monday ... Forced intermission
August 17, 2012 03:04AM
Sorry to hear it came back so quick. Hope this injection works as well as the last one.
keeping you in our prayers.
Re: smiling smileyRe: Monday ... Forced intermission
August 17, 2012 07:19PM
Thanks Rick,
Injections did the trick. I'm half way to Florida. Leg is decent. It will work.
Now, the several spots of 95 South where they had it funneled down to one lane was a real drag. Paving. And, it involved literal hours of creeping/stopping over probably 15 miles. Sure, they HAVE to close multiple lanes at once. So; 2 am Thur/Fri nite, and 95 south is full wall to wall, bumper to bumper, and stopped for ten miles. So much for planning to travel off hours and make good time. Literally, for ten miles, you saw not worker, shovel, or come. It was all their planning which funneled all into one lane. Then, you get the hopeless person in front of you who is dying to let all those people in line, which ignored the merge signs for miles ... Dashed up the right shoulder ... And looked for the sucker in front on me. You've seen them ... They leave four car lengths in front of them and beg for merging trucks and line cheats.
So; as you see ... Leg fine ... Love of fellow man - not so much. Then too , half of the East coast is closed and out of business. The rest is in such poor repair it's like a banana republic. Sad to witness.
Ok ... That's my report. On the way home. Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts.
Gary
August 18, 2012 11:14PM
Yea, i have Always wanted a .50 cal mounted under my hood to 'Take Care' of that kind of problem.If i am given the chance to run them off the road rather than let them in...I DO!.
After all, i waited in line just like 90% of the people did.Heck i don't even cheat when i'm on the Motorcycle.angry with "no" sign
August 19, 2012 02:27AM
Good man. winking smiley. But... There are always those pathetic souls who are willing to stop three lanes of traffic to insist someone in a parking lot enter the roadway rather then wait two more cars. No matter forty cars will now wait thru another six minute light cycle. Usually our hero can't even get the attention of their intended rescue...eee. But I digress ... "go down the road and just get out of the way. Serve humanity .... ELSEWHERE. grinning smiley
August 20, 2012 03:48PM
It's a great liberal equation. They are happy to give to others as long as it's no skin off their back. You'll see a lot of generosity in your new home, so grin and bear it. You also need the drive to prepare for the slower pace of the South.

Kent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021