August 21, 2012 04:23PM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Oh Boy!

And I got a hat too! Yippieeee! grinning smiley

Gary
Re: It came! It came!
August 21, 2012 04:27PM
Hi Gary,

Nice tractor. I hope that you enjoy using it and that it makes your life easier on your property.

Julio
August 21, 2012 08:36PM
Thanks Julio!

I love it. It will be a huge help. In ways I can't even imagine now ... cause I haven't had tractors before. It's gonna make any lifting a breeze.

I cleaned up the lane with it again, first thing. Really nice.

Gonna be great to get these trailers moved and items set in place. thumbs up

Gary
August 21, 2012 10:15PM
wow, love those L series kubota's. you'll find so many uses for it.... even bringing the garbage to the end of the drive. Now you'll be looking at all the implements that go with it.
Steve
Rops Up... Seat belt On
August 22, 2012 04:35AM
Hi Steve,
Good eye. Yes - it's an L3800 which makes it about 38 horsepower. It's Hydrostatic. I did love that with the JD. Good for an old man too. Four wheel drive. AND ... it has a cup holder!!! excited
August 21, 2012 10:30PM
MAN oh man oh man thats one fine lookin tractor. To bad you had to go through the JDeer thing but you know that tractor will out live you no more worring just turn key and go. You used up Christmas and birthday presents for that wait till the misses gits on her then she will have to git one too unless you share hehehehaha .One of my favorite things to do when i got my tractor was go down to gas station and fuel up! no more fuel cans holding over hood in awkward positions throwing my back out of wack (gal weighs 8lbs) plus i feel cool driving down the road you know blow out the carbon and stuff

Thanks
Kurt
August 22, 2012 04:42AM
Hi Kurt,

Yeah - Kelly was on the tractor before I was! I gotta get a ring tone of "She thinks my tractor's SEXY!" hahaha.

Gary
August 22, 2012 12:00AM
Just tell me the forks fit and I'll be happy too!

Congrats!
August 22, 2012 04:14AM

The roads within the developments down here are called "clay". What passes for dirt down here is little more then sand. It has some clay/dirt in it. There's really no black dirt like Maryland. It doesn't really pack either. It has to be contained and covered with gravel or blacktop. These roads degrade quickly. Need to be bladed and kept up. Actually, this is a county road. But they pretty much ignore certain roads and keep others. Who knows why (or who) probably. Well, I have a tractor ... so there's now no reason for our neighbors at the end of the lane to bypass on our frontage because the straight path got rutted up and the county didn't maintain it. So I'll fluff it up now and then. This pic shows me filling in the rutted bypass which had been created on our front yard. By the time we arrived on the scene - BOTH the lane AND bypass were rutted up. No county fix and nobody had a tractor. So; I'm sure that helped the pricing for me too. An easy fix - and what do you think THAT would have cost? Yep, I'm getting back tractor money in value added already.

I needed some "dirt" to fill low spots and grade areas. So happened the tri-axle dump truck arrived just before the tractor. So; I had dirt to practice with! Yeah!! winking smiley.

I filled areas in front. Graded areas. Repaired the road. And got rid of the whole pile in a couple of hours. Great therapy too. NOT that I NEED therapy. whistling

Can't do anything with the move and the shops until the log jam clears Friday. No room to change a thought in the existing shop. It's packed and the trailers have mixed bags of items for both shops. Had to be loaded as they came free in the previous shop. So; wood shop and metal shop - finish shop and materials are all intertwined. Friday will begin the next chapter. Thank God. Can't wait to regain access to my tools. I feel as if they've all been taken away. All in mystery boxes and locations. Kent wrapped everything that didn't fight back! Haha. It will be years before I unwrap that last cocoon of plastic stretch wrap! Haha. winking smiley.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2012 04:27AM by barnespneumatic.
August 22, 2012 04:57AM
BTW ... the road sand doesn't stick, isn't dirty. So the cars stay clean. Odd. I wondered if they'd be a red mud mess. Nope. It's different. But - you don't see dirty cars. Of course, it also usually rains sometime during each day. winking smiley

nowthatIthink
August 22, 2012 04:32AM
I'm sure they will Jerry. Haven't tried - but looks good. Good thing I didn't paint them green! haha. Need Orange now ... grinning smiley
August 23, 2012 03:32AM
OK, now that rig looks fun. And i see you've been having plenty...lol!

Tell Kelly to move over.........I WANNA DRIVE!
August 23, 2012 12:43PM
Welcome to the Klub. Good to see equipment that will actually get used. The dirt move shows just one of the obvious uses for the bucket. No more of this.pushingarock

When you get the forks on there you'll be amazed what it will do. My fork stay on most of the time as they are used contantly.

You may want to weld up a hitch for the bucket as well. Same design, only instead of a fork there will be a piece of square tubing for the hitch bar. It will be a whole lot easier than backing those trailers with the truck around those trees.

Congrats,

Kent
August 23, 2012 02:40PM
Hello Kent,

I already bought the components for the hitch assembly. I'll get that welded up shortly. I got one of the inserts with three different sizes of hitch balls. For the reader - you just rotate the square insert 90 degrees and put it back into the receptor sleeve with the appropriate ball size up. That will be good. I've moved your trailer several times to make areas clear for access. I'm getting pretty good at it. hahaha. thumbs up

The tractor is great. I'm using all the features without needing to think about it. A tool is a tool. I'll soon be able to paint a picture with it. hahah.

Oh ... I got a number of those chrome with racks and wheel kits. I don't think I'll have the room to link them, as you have ... but I'll have them ready to take tools and materials, and be able to roll aside. As soon as I get Kelly to assemble them all ... whistling

Gary
August 23, 2012 04:02PM
I JUST DRILLED A HOLE IN MY FORK TO PUT BALL IN WHEN NEEDED . WORKED PRETTY GOOD
August 23, 2012 09:20PM
DRILL!! ..... A HOLE!!!!!!!!! ... IN MY NEW BUCKET!!!!!!!! Oh - I feel faint .... injured. ... Haha.

I have all the stuff for the attachment. It'll be something else to spray orange!! Haha.

Thanks for the post. But I need to lay down for a minute .... winking smiley

Gary
August 23, 2012 04:07PM
Here's the big hint on the racks, lock a "vise grip" plier under the plastic "wedges" and strike the rack with a rubber mallet to seat. Do this with the rack sitting on the ground before screwing in the castors. When done right the wedge should be about a 1/16-1/8 inch above the rack sleeve. You do need to get the wedge mostly into the sleeve before the hammer strike. I'll be heading that way soon, and can give you a hand if you'd like.

Kent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021