Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Random Pics. 8-24-12

Random Pics. 8-24-12
August 24, 2012 04:37AM
Kubota.jpg

Awaiting the spray insulation in the morning, today I continued to clean up the landscape (to make it easier to mow later). I found that the terrain was rough enough that just walking the brush hog was a job. So; I've leveled, back filled, and smoothed. thumbs up

This is the second delivered dump truck load. It's "Dirt Cheap!" eye rolling smiley

Landscape.jpg

Finding the tractor is a breeze to operate.

Simba.jpg

I forked up some pine straw from areas I wanted to backfill. Save the straw to replace over the newly worked areas. Simba found the pile of pine straw to his liking! hahah

Butterfly.jpg

This huge butterfly found one of Kelly's flowering plants to it's liking!

Gary
August 24, 2012 11:24AM
If someone has never been on a machine all day and moved piles of dirt, they could never appreciate how therapeutic and relaxing it can be.
I'm jealous! cool smiley
Gary, take it easy and don't worry about anything while you're on that tractor.
Scott
August 24, 2012 04:01PM
Thank you Scott.
It's cheaper then Dr. Phil. And he'd just try to find something wrong with me anyway!!! knucklehead. google eyes

Thank you. I will enjoy it.
Thanks for the foam tips too. The guys are there now. I've left them alone to get started. I'll take a peek in a bit.

Gary
August 24, 2012 11:35AM
Oh I miss My Kubota. Make sure you try some Bio-Diesel. The smell is intoxicating...
August 24, 2012 04:02PM
Hi Steve
Not to worry. They'll keep making them. You can snag another later. thumbs up
Gary
August 24, 2012 12:06PM
Makes me want to order a couple of yards of dirt myself hehehe , You better be powerwashing that rig too befor you put her to sleep for the nite maybe a little armorall on the tires also!!!

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2012 12:14PM by kurt wag.
August 24, 2012 04:05PM
Yeah. I have to dip out the power washer. It's probably behind, under, inside something. Haha.
Looks like you wax yours alot too! Pretty. thumbs up
Thanks
Gary
August 24, 2012 04:22PM
Kimba's the one that seems to be ejoying all this therapeutic work.
August 24, 2012 04:58PM
Yea, i have to admit to Relaxing while mowing 250 acres, listing to an audio book. Hard to stay awake! haha ENJOY the Therapy.
Remember...Don't Ever let it run out of Fuel.! NOT FUN
August 26, 2012 06:30PM
250!acres!!! Didn't know we had Royalty reading!!! Haha. Boy, I bet you could doze off. Now, mowing all that ... Is that just the front yard? Or is it a turf farm?

Bet that is Purdy!!

Gary
August 27, 2012 12:14AM
thread hijacked

it's actually 340+-, but he just bought some cattle, So, That should cut down on the Mowing, as he now needs more hay than the other 90 or so was providing..It is Pretty though. All in a Valley with some timberable Wood on the ridge lines.thumbs up

I now return you to your normally scheduled Therapy.....smileys with beer
August 27, 2012 05:32AM
Good to hear. Good for you.

We're liking most things here. Some will be things that go with it - because that's the way God made it. I hate snakes. I've dispatched two Pygmy Rattlers this week. Not too Pleased about that. But, we don't live in a high rise in a city. So; they are here. The heat is - sufficient. But it will moderate and we have a/c. We won't always be working 12 hour forced march days. It will be nice when we are settled and in place. I've been doing some things that wills make for more regular maintenance routines. Been acquiring what I need to do it. I've made some mistakes. This isn't my area of expertise. I regroup.

Anyway - that just came from my index finger and phone keyboard. Hope there's something there that applies.
winking smiley. Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021