Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Insulation complete

Insulation complete
August 27, 2012 08:08PM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Building looks much better. They spent quite a bit of time cleaning the overspray.

The frame is now exposed to allow sheathing. Once the frame were furred out with wood, the walls could be sheathed. Ceiling is puffy white open cell product.

Walls are tight closed cell. Ceiling is supposed to give a good R-20+ value of insulation. Walls R-15 I think.

Nice big area to begin with. Oh Boy!! winking smiley

Gary
August 27, 2012 11:27PM
Lookin Good. All you need now is for Mother Nature to leave you Alone.!!
August 28, 2012 04:55AM
Thanks Rick,
And so far, only drizzle and a nice breeze. But, the smell of the breeze is definitely that of the ocean at night. It's coming this way. The outer bands anyway. We are all prepared. Thks for your well wishes.
Gary
Anonymous User
August 28, 2012 01:05AM
Thus, the BPS has begun, look's great Gary..It was just yesterday when you started and now you are ahead of the game. You moved quickly and your new work shop is nice.
August 28, 2012 05:02AM
Glad you
Like it Don.
We have pushed it as well as we could. It's been a bunch, and we wish it were done; but we are pleased with the progress. Amazing all the things it takes to make it a home. Some of the delays in moving the shop forward have actually helped th move the home needs forward. You know - cant occupy shop yet, so I do some of those things that usually don't get done until years after the move. I still have a box or two packed from the 1980 move to New Windsor. Or was that 1880? winking smiley

Gary
August 28, 2012 02:13PM
That looks great! Your prior description make it sound like it was really going to look like a man CAVE. They cleaned it up nicely. When you sheath that it will be a laminated foam filled structure, super strong!

If my current insulation tears up, I'm going back with foam.

Kent
August 28, 2012 06:13PM
Dang, how big is that? 28 x 36? How many of your old shops could you cram in there?

Keith
August 28, 2012 07:06PM
It's 30 by 40 Keith. Neat.
Hard to say. The old shop was a group of 9-10 separate rooms ... all connected. Different use areas. There was a good bit of total space. Just not enough and awkward to access. It's a shame this will have to be apportioned for different uses too. But such is the nature of the various operations. Between the three buildings, I'll get it set up (third being the garden shed now which becomes the casting/tank fill/shooting building).

Gary
August 29, 2012 06:41AM
Nice, but does it echo?bullhorn

Lon
August 30, 2012 02:30AM
Hi Lon,
No, even completely empty; it's almost silent. I suspect it will be very good with noisy operations and tools. Hope so.
Gary
September 03, 2012 05:33AM
looks like a gym right now. A bit too small for indoor golf, but just barelywinking smiley
Anonymous User
September 13, 2012 09:53PM
Big shop for many tools.
September 13, 2012 10:09PM
Yeah. Next guess we get an electrician in here. There's a big ole transformer in the woods. And an underground trunk line to tap into.
More contractors. More permits. More inspections. More money. Perfect! winking smiley. It's chapter five of "How to Move without really trying".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021