Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Saturday 9-1-12 Good Progress

Saturday 9-1-12 Good Progress
September 01, 2012 07:24PM
Kent left BPS a bit ago. You'll recall that he helped me by driving his truck and 20' closed trailer to Maryland, from Mississippi; and we loaded up a bunch of the Maryland shop. He then drove it to Florida, for me; and parked it Shortly afterwards, the new shop was errected. He's now come back to offload the trailer, with me; and then take the trailer back to Mississippi. During the times in Maryland and here in Florida; he helped me load my other trailer, and move things around here. Items which had been placed in the wrong building, for storage.

It's been a huge effort. I am sincerely grateful for the extreme generosity and labor. Thank you Kent. thumbs up thumbs up

What a new experience, for me. I can now drive a tractor around inside one of my shop buildings! hahah. We loaded pallet after pallet with tools and items, and drove them down to the lower shop. I drove in, around, and offloaded the pallets. We did the same for machinery. We were also able to back his big trailer down to the new building, and get it into position to winch out heavy machinery.

After all the effort, the shop still looks empty and the tools look like toys. hahah. I hope the building continues to look spacious. However; I know it won't. I have another trailer full sitting here now. Kent offered to help with the unloading of that. I need to pace it. Mainly for myself. I'm beat. But also; because the need to plan it a bit. And I think I need to organize a bit - before I end up with everything in a tangled heap again.

I've been blessed to have the help of a few good friends. I'm very grateful.

Gary
September 02, 2012 12:20AM
A Big Big THANK YOU to Kent, for assisting Gary.
September 03, 2012 11:47PM
Sometimes it's just as important NOT to unload something in the wrong place, especially somethings that need tractors or forklifts to load and unload.

A day or two perusing future work paths and the optimum flow setup could really pay dividends, especially as you aren't constrained so tightly space-wise like in your old shop. You really want your major machine tools in the right place the first time, since Murphy's Law of Moving Extremely Heavy Objects dictates that you'll have to do it by hand next time if you change your mind later on. Something heavier will always be in the way, preventing you from using that tractor to rearrange things. Good exercise perhaps, but frustrating nonetheless. Weights
September 04, 2012 12:50AM
I enjoyed helping you Gary. As always Kelli and Gary were a pleasure to be with, and we settled all the worlds problems while getting drenched in sweat. I hope it helped move things along for you. I know some of the things we do solo at the shop because we have to, are saver easier and 10 times quicker with an extra hand. confused smiley

Kent
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021