Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Searching solution

Searching solution
September 02, 2012 03:57PM
Can you help?

I've tried several of the support routes on Kelly's new Dell Inspiron. It can't get to Dell Support. Yet it's on our network, the network says "Internet access". And, my Other Dell laptop, my iPhone,Jerry's laptop, and Kents Apple laptop all used our wireless network without issue.

When I run "tests" to troubleshoot Internet connectivity issues with the new Dell ... It will say "windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)".

Ok ... Why? How do you correct this? All the other computers connect to this primary DNS server? And this one does when it wants to update something. What's up?

Gary
September 02, 2012 04:23PM
Using search functions and fiddling around; I keep asking it to provide an option to its lack of Internet connectivity. It keeps coming back with some version of the DNS server isn't responding. So; why does it respond to this phone and all the other computers that have used it. It's working right now. I used it to post this. I'm asking. I don't know. I'm no geek. I just can't imagine the average buyer manages to sort these endless issues. The manual provides no help in several languages.

Thks
Gary
September 02, 2012 08:24PM
OK, only thing i can think to try would be to shut down Your Computer that works, REBOOT Her computer, and then see if Her computer works. If so, i would suspect the company supplied modem/router.
September 03, 2012 04:17AM
Thank you Rick. I can try that. I appreciate it!
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021