Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: It's come to this ....

It's come to this ....
October 12, 2012 05:25PM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Kelly took this awhile ago. I was having lunch in the Executive dining room at BPN. winking smiley

Been a very busy week to 10 days. Has included many things. First - researching wether or not I was likely to die from the steriod injections that keep me going. As the news has had endless running counts of the ongoing tragedy unfolding, I was surprised to have just one person send me a PM about it. I guess I need to "open up" regarding the daily ebb and flow around here. whistling Clearly; I haven't shared enough. More coffee Or else, everybody is busy and they figured my continued existence would become evident based upon future posts (or lack thereof).

Once I learned I was likely to survive; I participated in the next series of those same epidural injections, this week.

In the mean time, I've filled the trailer to overflowing. Taken care of maintenance around here. Cursed the cold weather - which has made me ache deeply. I've also researched and acquired a "Tuner" set up for my 8.4 mpg Dodge Pick-up. Had same installed. Found that it was neither calibrated NOR indexed to my truck. Learned that the company NO LONGER provides a catalog explaining the unit's features. Forced a release of the url for the PDF version of the crappy catalog which only barely applies to my unit. Set up the unit myself. Returned to packing "stuff" for the trip south.

And .... a WHOLE BUNCH of other stuff I won't bore you with. Business shooter , family knucklehead, extraterrestial alien , to name a few.

Back to it.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2012 05:39PM by barnespneumatic.
October 12, 2012 06:34PM
YES you dodged a bullet with those injections! when i had mine prior to surgery they told me the worse thing to happen was infection or maybe they wouldnt work but you know when ever they go into the spinal colmn you are taking a risk but the pain relief is worth it as long as they keep working!the best thing for me was the operation and constant movement to strengthen the muscles to support the back better and keep the gut down to a minium . That will be fifty dollars please hehehe. Hey you know your window is closing in the northern territory better enjoy the fall colors while your still there or you will be having to leave the skis there

Thanks
Kurt
October 12, 2012 07:33PM
Gosh, if that's the executive dining room, I'd hate to see what the elves cafeteria looks like! (hey, where's the smiley for the drum roll rim-shot?)

Looks like an old school desk, good thing you don't have to sit in the little chair that went with it or you'd need to double up on the meds. grinning smiley
October 12, 2012 08:04PM
looks more like old school drafting stool befor back supports were invented with a tv tray on it . I am pretty sure the elves are already in Fla on assignment. Just goes to show ya mans gotta eat when a mans gotta eat

Thanks
Kurt
October 12, 2012 08:38PM
Nice try guys.
That's a 50's chrome leg stool with a pc. of wood laying atop the make-shift repaired cushion. I'm sitting on a Walmart fold out stool such as I used to take to the range for compact use.
I do hate to brag like this ... but I felt I should clear up the details. take a bow
Gary
October 14, 2012 01:20AM
I'm glad you were able to get the next injections of the series done. The fungal infections will be a disaster for those who had the bad luck to get tainted medication. Ironically it was excessive FDA regulation that led to the shutdown of the generic manufacturers of generic medications. These shortages forced medical clinic to seek compounding pharmacies for these meds. Yes, these patients are the first mass victims of backroom deals between PhARMA and Obamacare. The other victims are those whose treatments where delayed or canceled because of the current shortage of over 200 generic medications. If you care to see how I include these links. Did I mention that PhARMA doesn't make the generics just the brand name meds. Go figurebrick wall You can hear the cries for more FDA regulation of those compounding pharmacies, PhARMA wins you lose, but only if you need drugs.

[www.forbes.com]

[online.wsj.com]

Kent
October 14, 2012 05:17PM
wonderful...eye rolling smiley
October 15, 2012 12:34AM
"...does not believe it is within the scope of their authority to worry about the implications of their actions".

WELCOME TO 2012 SOCIETY. Gosh ... I wonder how this could be? OH WAIT! That exact creed has been the most evident mantra of the last 50 years!

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021