Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Barnes Pneumatic South

Barnes Pneumatic South
October 14, 2012 11:07PM
We arrived here around 6 pm. thumbs up

Nothing to it. Both trailer fenders tried to fall off. Made parking lot repairs with found trailer junk.

Had a flat tire. Small roll jack would not lift it. Bottle jack had mistakenly gotten into a tub and burried. Had to unload trailer to the point of finding same. Flying J travel center's air compressor was a - disappointment. I knew I had to take the wheel off and not just fill it. Had to check for leaks, nail, screw, etc. found none. I think the bead was broken on a parking lot turn. Got that refilled eventually after two employees seemed to think the broken unit worked just fine for me. They use the FREE AIR AT THE TRUCK PUMPS brick wall

The "tuner" computer unit with its hot shot new air plenium and max flow filter is SO LOUD THAT YOUR EARS BLEED each time you touch the gas on a five degree grade. But, for the outrageous cost, I might be getting all the way to 9.5 mpg pulling. YESSIR!!!!! boing

We left yesterday. I took a couple of 45 min power naps and we drove through. We are both THRILLED to be here. Immediately started tidying up, after exploring things. Wonderful to be here.

Just a bit of a story there so you are glad you were not pulling our trailer south today. Haha. The lucky parts were that we found the damages and flat when making our "walk around checks" while filling up with gasoline or resting. Didn't have any trouble on the road. Grateful for that. Safe trip!! Yeah. winking smiley
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2012 11:40PM by barnespneumatic.
October 14, 2012 11:22PM
This trip I begin to assemble the shops.

Weather is a delightful 82F. Sunset is great. Nice mild breeze.

BIG SMILE!!

Gary
October 19, 2012 12:23PM
Gary,

I'm glad you made it safely! It sounds like those issues were inconvenient, but manageable.
Sometimes I wish more days would be like that and fewer of them DISASTERS.
Glad you're home.

Scott
October 19, 2012 01:28PM
Thanks Scott. Feels good to be here. All the folks at the diners, and businesses have welcomed us back. winking smiley
October 19, 2012 05:51PM
How many more trips are in your future? It seems like you are always on the road.

Keith
October 19, 2012 06:14PM
Cue the Willie Nelson music...

"On the road again...."whistling
October 20, 2012 12:34AM
Not sure Keith. Takes an amazing amount of tools and materials. There is still a lot in Maryland. About eight trailers less then before though. The tools and materials are specialized. Tooling was made for these machines. Not an easy thing to just order a whole new batch of tools, cutters, jigs, metal, tubing, wood, etc., etc. winking smiley
Great adventure. A shame I'm a home body. Haha

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021