Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Milestone!shooter

Milestone!shooter
October 19, 2012 12:26AM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

While its a pretty meager display ... I finally got to take a couple of shots at our new home in Florida! wow

I have been unloading the most recent trailer to arrive. I already had the experimental ball reservoir Barnes gun
In Fla. I've proofed many things with this frame. It's been 32caliber, 34 caliber, 38 caliber, and now it's fitted with a 25. All Barnes barrels.

Unloading the trailer, I FINALLY came across a box labeled pellets. I'd earlier found .177, .20, .22, and 9mm pellets! why me. Honest. Well, I finally found some Korean 25 and some Barnes Bishops! Gee, what to shoot for my first time on my own Florida property? Kore..... yeah, right! Haha.

The fill stuff was in another building. Tanks there. This was still charged, but it had been a couple of years since I charged it. The bishops might be sized. It was fast getting to be dusk.

I drew a circle on a block of wood. I set it out about 33 paces. Loaded a Bishop. Scope was last used with a small reducing aperture taped on to shorten the focal length. Was it anywhere on with these slugs or at this yardage. I'd shot the Winter Games targets with this.

Well, I can't tell you the sun was in my eyes at dusk! whistling. But I did shoot offhand. POW ... Crack! I hit it!!! I mean, of course I hit it. Haha. I reset quickly with really fading light. The Simmons 4x shotgun scope brought in decent light. POW ... Less power ... But "crack!". I hit it again.

It's not quite as polished a performance as Neil, but it's mine. Haha.

The patchwork ball gun. Yeah!!! A Milestone has been reached!!

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2012 12:29AM by barnespneumatic.
October 19, 2012 01:50AM
Woohooo Gary!smileys with beer

This certainly is a moment to remember. Please tell us how do you feel after shooting those two pellets at your new property in FL?

Everything it's coming together nicely. That ball reservoir rifle, although unfinished, it surely has a Lewis and Clark look into it.

Julio
October 19, 2012 03:38AM
Hello Julio, my friend!

Often, for me; it's the less planned things that bring a smile. This was one. winking smiley. Quite a few variables - just due to the fact that I wasn't prepared. I was just assembling the bare components to make a proof test. When the gun fired, sounded strong, followed immediately by a sharp impact on wood sound; I got a big ole smile.

I will enjoy shooting here. I have to set up my site do that I have the least chance of disturbing neighbors. Until I do that, I'll shoot smaller caliber and moderated airguns.

smileys with beer

Gary
October 19, 2012 05:18AM
I think you should call it The McGuiver Gun. more innocent

Clearly not destined to be one of a series, but definitely a showcase for the legendary Barnes ingenuity. grinning smiley
October 20, 2012 12:18AM
i remember Waaaaaay back nowthatIthink seeing you working on that ball reservoir. Good to see it working and bringing a smile to you.
October 20, 2012 12:41AM
Yes, it sits in the rack for a year here, year there - pressurized. The tri-valve ball seems to be a complete success. Some day I'll finish it.
Until then, I have a research platform.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 1
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021