Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Even more Pics around BPS!

Even more Pics around BPS!
November 12, 2012 04:16AM
Lots of things going on here, during any given week. Hope it interests you to see the progress and see the area which we felt suited our future needs.

One of the last major projects has been to get the woodworking shop semi functional, with walls and ceiling. Now - the guy in the back is wondering ... "WHY in the WORLD are you fiddling with the WOODWORKING SHOP!" Since nobody is currently waiting on a hutch or coffee table. Well .... I'll tell ya. coffee hourglass

There are literal TONS of stuff on pallets around here. The lower shop building was targeted as a "gateway starting point". Putting the center partition in the lower metal building divided it into two equal parts. One was designated to be the Wood shop and the other the Weld shop. One wall established both. Now - it's the woodshop that will produce the combustable dust that cannot migrate to the welding shop. Thus, a ceiling in the woodshop BOTH seals that compartment from the other. It houses electrical components to feed both units. Also carries lights and drop electric feeds for tools in the woodshop. The ceiling had to go up while a tractor scaffold/lift could be driven up and down the depth of the unit. For this purpose - most things were stuffed into the weld shop side to make room.

Ceiling in, a BUNCH of stuff in weldshop storage can now be rolled into the Woodshop. That frees space elsewhere as the wood shop fills with it's intended tools. What's left in the weld shop is then small enough in vol., that the weld shop becomes functional by default. Functional weld AND wood shops, now provide space to work on projects which complete units for the upper shop. It all snowballs.

Secret_Method.jpg

I don't usually show just HOW I do things, but I really don't have any desire to put in a bunch of ceilings at 12 and a half feet in height. ;?) This made it like working from the floor.

Ceiling_Lift.jpg

I made up this unit to fit the lift forks attached to my bucket lift on the Kubota. Worked quite well. Like the old saying ... "work smarter".

Kubota_Lift.jpg

Last_fastener.jpg

And the one of the last fasteners goes in!

two_pines_down.jpg

I had two pines which were in the way quite frequently. I was able to lay them down where I planned. They become fresh edging logs for paths and driveway. Many of the previous logs have rotted. I'll see how long it takes these to return to the forest

Range_Shak.jpg

The range shak

Misquito_Skull.jpg

We ran across this Misquito Skull while clearing up brush. whistling

SundayLake.jpg

We took a walk around the lake this morning. A forced break from the stress.

November10Strawberry.jpg

And we found this fresh strawberry in the garden yesterday (Nov. 10th). Yummm! winking smiley

Thanks for reading.

God Bless,
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2012 04:31AM by barnespneumatic.
November 12, 2012 05:59AM
I can't believe you're still getting strawberries in November. Next thing you'll be telling us they grow ORANGES down there in Florida. eye rolling smiley

Nice rig with the Kubota and the pallet forks. Beats the heck out of trying to hold a sheet of drywall balanced on your head while screwing it to the studs, all while perched on top of a stepladder or worse, wobbling around on drywalling stilts.

Maybe a 20-year old Gary could still do that, but then it was probably stunts like that that landed the not-twenty-year-old Gary with all the frequent-flyer miles logged in the doctors office waiting room.knucklehead

You got it nailed when you say "work smarter, not harder".
November 12, 2012 04:40PM
it will be beatifull shop...very nice Gray. Great Job
November 12, 2012 09:54PM
Lake!!! You have a Lake!? Looks quite peaceful.. If i was you, i'd take a walk Every day for a Sanity Check. The Kubby is working out quite well i see. Amazing what can be done with the right gear & some good-ole-ingenuity.
BTW, Enjoy that Strawberry!
November 12, 2012 10:00PM
hey I'm thinking elevated portable shooting platform ? looks like it's coming together pretty nice !!! Tonka trucks tractors and guns will you be my grampa ?

Thanks
Kurt
November 13, 2012 01:00AM
You bet kid!

winking smiley)
November 13, 2012 06:01AM
Gary, are there about ten of you? Have you been cloned multiple times? I just can't get to grips with how much you are achieving, I feel exhausted just watching not lookin' good
Well done that man! take a bowtake a bowtake a bow
Cheers
Neil
November 13, 2012 09:39AM
hey Neil that's how I feel it is amazing being able to see the amount of progress that Gary is making .I I to get tired just reading what he's doing ! it is amazing though at what a man can do when he puts his mind to it

Thanks
Kurt
November 13, 2012 03:39PM
So much achievement in the area, that even the misquito skull is smiling..."festive"
November 13, 2012 10:51PM
November 13, 2012 11:49PM
As long as he doesn't start posting photos of elf skulls that he "found laying around". surprised

He's working the little suckers pretty hard these days...skull
Anonymous User
November 15, 2012 12:03AM
That is a SHOP!
December 12, 2012 07:48PM
they have big mosquitos about there
December 12, 2012 11:40PM
Yeah - that was a young one ... excited

hehhe

GAry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021