Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Who's using an iPhone 4?

Who's using an iPhone 4?
November 16, 2012 12:26AM
Do you get decent pics with low light? Mine always have a frosty halo around them.

Also ... recently it seems harder to get a crisp focus. What is the purpose of the "Grid" setting on photo Options?

Gary
November 16, 2012 06:23PM
Put your reading glasses on and check to see if you've got condensation or fogging on the inside of the lens enclosure. I've got a friend who's Iphone camera takes OK photos when it's warm, but lousy shots when it's cold, due to fogging.
November 16, 2012 07:11PM
Don't see any - but who knows. Good tip.

Thks,

Gary
November 17, 2012 12:56AM
Oooohh, Oooohh, Ooohh I know the one about the Grid! That is used to compose your picture with the 1/3rd rule. You can place your subject at the 1/3 line to make it visually interesting. Of course now you can do all that so easily post picture with Photoshop etc.

Kent
November 22, 2012 03:41AM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

On a whim, I removed the rubberized phone cover from my iPhone 4. Just an Incipio brand with typical cut outs for lens, etc. evening photos all had a halo around and over images. Images looked foggy or smoky. Without the cover, they are clear. Nothing is in the way, but I think there is a backwash from the edges of the skin around the lens and light.

Here, I'm relaxing a few minutes after we grilled some chicken outside the shop.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

We are using this shop porch/patio a lot. Kelly comes down from the house around dark and it's been great to just be able to enjoy the setting. Work morphs into a meal, and then we are off to the evening chores of Lowes, Walmart, etc. it's working.

Anyway, if you are using this phone and have had lousy low light pics, remove the cover for pics at night.

Gary
November 24, 2012 04:01AM
Might try blackening the rubber case aperturture around the lens with a sharpie, maybe it'll help
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021