Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Where Are They Now ???

Where Are They Now ???
March 12, 2009 07:47PM
I'm supposed to be resting today. And, I am. But ... I don't do it well. idea Too much thinking going on. haha.

I was wondering where a lot of the guns were today. And, I decided to just click thru the pic files and assemble a page of pics of guns that had disappeared off my radar thru the years. I haven't gotten pics, targets, videos, reports, etc., of them in the field or being enjoyed, since they were delivered. Maybe an acknowledgement of delivery, but that's it.

There are several dozens of others I ran across, that I never hear a peep from either, but I knew where they were some years ago. They're probably still there. It's not my intention to poke a hornet's nest. Especially anyone who may be reading along occasionally. These older guns just seem to have drifted off a long time ago. I guess they'll be "found in a barn" someday.

Easiest way to collect them was to make a webpage from the pics already uploaded to my server. Here's the link to the quickly made page. [www.glbarnes.com]

Hope you enjoy seeing some of the work. If you'd made each of these from a pile of materials, wouldn't you be curious too? This is only a small percentage of all the guns ... but it sure represented a large amount of work.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2009 08:01PM by barnespneumatic.
March 12, 2009 08:26PM
#2, that particular Tundra Mag, has always been one of my faves. If its current owner ever wanted to sell it, I'd find a way to cough up a big ole check! confused

-- Jim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2009 09:11PM by Jim.
March 12, 2009 09:33PM
Gary,

I can't help but notice that all your guns look alike. Maybe you should change up the style sometime so folks can find something they like? eye rolling smileyrolling happy smiley

I wish I could stumble across any of those guns and catch a deal like you read about. I'd really, really like to run across that Delta .32 though!

That's an awesome collection of creativity turned into functioning design and production. If you can't be proud of that body of work, you'd need really strong medication! Well done. Too bad we have never heard anything from the owners. The maker has pride of ownership of course but even us enthusiasts are dissappointed to have never heard from the owners.
March 12, 2009 09:09PM
Sweet!

Thats a lot of work over the years. How many guns do you think youve made?

Or maybe dont answer, Last time I got asked something like that, I got depressed...... smiling smiley
March 12, 2009 10:36PM
Gary,

If your thinking a lot of these guns were bought for an heirloom/investment. Never to see the light of a gun range.

Maybe since the economy isn't doing to good. You could send out a general letter to all your customers and see if there are any sellers out there. And you could be a broker for your own guns and make a little cash on the side. I'm sure Kelly could find a use for it. And if you were the middleman, you just might have to take them, to range to make sure that there wasn't any dust in the barrel. Dory
March 12, 2009 11:30PM
Dory,

Gary is much too busy making new heirlooms and perfecting new designs to be bothered with such trivial pursuits! However, all is not lost. I will be happy to broker any sales of long lost guns and I will also provide testing and video documentation of performance for a nominal fee. whistling

This is a sacrifice I know, but in these times we all need to pull together. So everyone go out and find someone with a Barnes that has been locked away for ages and have them send it to me for test and brokerage. I'll be OK, don't worry about me, I can handle the load. more innocent
March 12, 2009 11:48PM
Thank you Jerry.

Being ..... surprised ..... "speechless" ..... , I was just drawing a picture to answer Dory.

Now ... Jerry, you will do the solicitation, receiving, cleaning, service, repair, testing, photography, marketing, sales, shipping, and warranty ... correct?

Gary
March 13, 2009 12:26AM
My guess is he might be willing to do everything but the service and repair. Heck, he might even be able to find a partner, also based in MD, to help out, and to sell said rifles through a "gallery" storefront right on this very website . . . idea

-- Jim
March 13, 2009 12:27AM
"Now ... Jerry, you will do the solicitation, receiving, cleaning, service, repair, testing, photography, marketing, sales, shipping, and warranty ... correct?"

Hmmmm, let me see if I have all the bases covered. Solicitation, done. Recieving, standing by. Cleaning, can do. Service, since they've never been shot, how much service can be required? whistling. Repair, if they were broken we'd know by now!. Testing, I'm ready for that. Photography, I think I can do that. Marketing, how hard can that be? Sales, I can do that but I might need to do some last minute additional testing... Shipping, no problem. Warranty? Is that transferable? That could be an issue, I'll have to check with the OEM. lipsaresealed
March 13, 2009 07:20AM
Jerry, don't forget they'll need a special Southern Hemisphere test regime to ensure their international suitability. My fees will be modestlaughing again
March 13, 2009 01:53AM
Jerry,

You could have at least waited till Gary drew a picture. I really enjoy Gary's pictures.

I guess it's settled then, You guys got it all figured out. Now you just have to figure out how much to pay the manufacture, for the address's. Dory
March 13, 2009 03:15AM
Awe come on Dory, won't you give me your address? rolling happy smiley
March 13, 2009 02:34PM
Good man Dory,

Sounded to me like they were cutting me out altogether! haha.

I figured they would run a special "Price Rollback Sale" and undercut me with my own guns. eye popping smiley

heeheh more confused
March 13, 2009 07:15AM
Yum. I'll be havin' the Black Hills Dakota 45 or the 45 Tundra Magnum, if they turn up, pleaseshooter No point in them lying in a cupboardfudd
March 13, 2009 07:22AM
Jerry,

I've got a Ford Excursion I will sell ya. I still have my original Daisy, though. Dory
March 13, 2009 08:09AM
PLEASE tell me that the "TSA knife" isn't what I think it is...angry smiley

I think I know what happened to that 45 Nebula...I'm pretty sure I saw it on the cover of a science-fiction novel the other day. winking smiley
March 13, 2009 04:04PM
Rotor,

The TSA knife is exactly what you think it is.

I dashed out of here with two gun crates one morning, went to the post office ... shipped the rifles ... and beat it to the airport. Guess you cvan figure the rest.

knucklehead

Gary
March 13, 2009 03:36PM
Gary,

Hope you're feeling better.

It's a long shot, but the TSA confiscations are variously sold at auction. Some on Ebay some through clearing houses. It may turn up yet. That would be an interesting find.

Kent
March 13, 2009 04:06PM
Hi Kent,

Keep that picture with you at all times! haha.

Yes - vast improvement. Just an uncomfortable twinge there now. I'll take it!

Gary
March 15, 2009 08:22PM
I added a few more pics to this page on Sunday.

Gary

[www.glbarnes.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021