Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Christmas Pics - BPS

Christmas Pics - BPS
December 18, 2012 05:57AM
Thought I'd grab a few pics taken recently. We are getting ready for Christmas - as you are. I'm doing it while spending as much time in the shop as possible. I've made a few things for gifts. You do that when you are me. Small stuff - for the kids. I'll show you afterwards in case their parents are snooping here. hahaha.

Mid_December.jpg

It's mid December here. I am sure lovin' the temps. and feeling better because of it. thumbs up

We like "The South"

MissLilly.jpg

We met Ms. Lilly here - holding this sign .....

The_South.jpg

Love it. Smile. "Bless Your Hearts ... " take a bow

Lake_Lights2.jpg

All around the "Lake Yard" they have decorated to the hilt for Christmas. Every tree and bush are wrapped in lights. There are lifesized and larger displays of nearly anything you can name - from Santa to Dinosaurs - all in bright lights!

Lake_Lights.jpg

And - it wraps allllll the way around the mile shoreline of the lake. What a wonderland. It's jaw dropping.

Lake_Lady_Christmas.jpg

Everyone was out in their finery to enjoy the lights. Posed for a pic with one of the local society ladies from the Library. winking smiley

Lights_hunters.jpg

Met this group of Hunters.

CompanyTree.jpg

We put up the company tree ...

Moat.jpg

Finished the Moat. Been a busy week ...

Thanks for checking in. I hope you have a delightful Christmas Season. God Bless,
Gary and Kelly
December 18, 2012 06:23AM
Hi Gary and Kelly
Christmas is looking great over there!
We are limbering up for it too!
Xmas_zps3d9832cc
Happy Christmas
Neil
December 18, 2012 04:33PM
Gary,

Looks great! They may have succeeded in finally snuffing it out down here. Diversity I beleive they call it. Any property for sale in your neighborhood?

Trying to jump on the gator bandwagon aye.

Told you about the pecans "up there".

Lon
December 18, 2012 07:13PM
Hi Lon,
Sorry. Yeah - diversity means "only my way" now. Had a JERK from ELSEWHERE come bursting into the diner this morning. He and his WANNABE famous girlfriend. They proceeded to act as if they owned a movie studio and had stopped to see if the tiny insignificant "extras" could entertain them and perhapsight want their autograph. Rude, overbearing, loud, impressed with themselves, horrible manners. Reminded my why I left Maryland again.
I don't think there's any space left out in the Yupon Lon. whistling. Haha. (At least not in open text). Haha
Gary
Anonymous User
December 19, 2012 12:03AM
Beautiful pictures and the gator shot reminds me of gatorland.
December 19, 2012 09:42PM
Moderation is apparently only appropriate for those who are not secular humanists when it comes to public displays. We as a society have long since left the common-sense zone, and entered the "lets not offend anyone anywhere" world of fantasy. The public sense of outrage is so highly overdeveloped these days that there is NOTHING which is boring and sterile enough so that it will never offend SOMEONE out there.
December 20, 2012 05:17AM
Gee, I posted a picture of a Christmas tree, did I offend someone?
December 20, 2012 05:33AM
Well, I was sort of offended that your house looked so darned nice! Does that count? hahahah. wow

I hope you and Julie have a wonderful Christmas! Nice and calm and rock solid. take a bow

God Bless,
Gary
December 20, 2012 06:57PM
No, don't take it personal. I always get irritated this time of year when I see article after article where they're outlawed or banned yet another Christmas display, or worse, made it so generic that it has no meaning at all. I'm not even very religious at all, but it still bugs me that we as a society have capitulated to the squeakiest minorities over and over again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021