Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Shoot the Moon!

Shoot the Moon!
January 22, 2013 05:59AM
Kelly_Moon2.jpg

Kelly shot this pic this afternoon at 5:15pm with her HAND HELD Nikon P510. Amazing. 32X Optical zoom and internal stabalization. This was the sun shining on the moon. I just tweaked the brightness and contrast to show the detail the camera had taken. I'm blown away.

NightMoon7.jpg

At 11pm, I put the camera on a small tripod. In the dark ... with just what light there was from the moon ... we got this pic. Not bad from 238,000 miles away - at night - in the dark!

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2013 06:04AM by barnespneumatic.
January 22, 2013 06:03AM
Notify NASA...I think I just found Neil Armstrong's lost golf ball...laughing again
January 22, 2013 06:06AM
Right - and these pics are knocked down to under 200k so that the website can handle them. You should see the full pics!

Gary
January 22, 2013 03:37PM
Nice pictures Gary. We certainly are surrounded by beautiful spectacles like the one you caught in these pictures and so many people living their lives at such a fast pace that they miss things like a beautiful Moon...
January 22, 2013 09:46PM
Wow, great pics! These new cameras with the stabilizing feature are amazing.
Thanks for sharing smiling smiley

Pedro
January 22, 2013 11:13PM
Amazing detail...I can't believe we spent so much money going there when we can now just get these pics from your backyard. I'd bet you're seeing the effects of living in the country with the low light pollution. Great pics Kelly!!!

Kent
January 23, 2013 12:54AM
I'm still blown away looking at the pics.

If this were done with an ultra expensive camera with ultra expensive lenses - on stabalized tripod - and with time exposure ... ya da de .... I'd be amazed at the detail. However; this is a real nice camera - but not far up in the line. And - Kelly stood, in the driveway ... and HAND HELD this picture. Boggles the mind.

Hey - you don't think there's anything better up there looking back ... stunned .... do you ... excited ..... hahahah .... laughing

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021