Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Stock oil finish complete - Orion

Stock oil finish complete - Orion
February 01, 2013 04:25PM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Here are pics of the finished stock. You see the soft sheen. Other pics showed the wet oil.

This takes time and is an extra effort when the the stock was previously finished.

This is my favorite finish. It's proven very durable and it just gets better with time.

Hope you have enjoyed seeing the progression.

Now I reassemble the rifle and complete the crating.

Gary
February 01, 2013 06:51PM
This Orion .62 was nice before the carvings. Now it's NICERRRR:

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Julio
February 01, 2013 11:45PM
Thanks Julio,
Glad you like it. Reminds me of the "Presence" of your Caribou Rifle. It seems you know quality. winking smiley
Gary
February 01, 2013 07:07PM
Truely a fine piece of art work.The finish really does the carving justice and brings the detail to life and creating dimension that was hard for me to see in pics.S o when you started the Orion did you always see a person in the stock or did it just evolve? I dont remember ever seeing any people or faces in any of your airguns so is this a first? That thumb hole looks like it would fit my hand perfectly and it does kinda resemble someone i know (me me me me ) so if the new caretaker of the Orion ever needs help i would be glad to tend to it for a while. hehehe Real happy things are getting settled for you and miss Kelly and wish you both good health and good friends in your new home.we always say something at work when something turns out really good that we are fabricating we say it looks store bought but you sure can't say that about the Orion 62

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 07:24PM by kurt wag.
February 01, 2013 11:54PM
Hello Kurt,
Thank you buddy. I know what you mean. For something made in a fabrication/welding shop to look "Store Bought" is pretty clean work. I appreciate the compliment.
I have done some carvings of faces. Let's see ... on airguns I did the "Primitive Hunter" on a 62 Smooth bore Carbine. Might be listed as a version of a Woodsman .... might be Woodsman XL as I think of it.
In knives, I did a couple of display daggers with figures on them. A Wizard, a sort of Caped Romeo character assending a curving stone staircase to a castle turret where "maLady" awaits. I did a couple primative man carvings. One watching a comet streak across the sky. One of those had Damascus steel blade - Titanium Case - and the carving was in Wooly Mammoth Ivory. winking smiley
All I need is time. I haven't begun to show what I could turn out. But - the clock is ticking louder. Man learns more and more and refines his skills and person, all the while the sand is running out of his hourglass. Not to be too "real" ... but it weighs on me just a bit that I've arrived with room to work and tons of ideas - when I'm backlogged with work and nearly as old as dirt. winking smiley
Gary
February 02, 2013 05:06AM
Old as dirt?!? Perish the thought!

Mud maybe, but not dirt.winking smiley
February 02, 2013 06:46PM
very nice gary... perfect job. great
February 05, 2013 10:21PM
Gary, you're not as old as dirt. You might have been the first to play in it but you're not as old as dirt! smiling smiley
February 05, 2013 11:19PM
Oh yuck, yuck! winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021