Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Sunday Evening

Sunday Evening
February 24, 2013 10:43PM
Sure feels better in here. It's gonna be in the low 20's tonight.

Been loading the trailer today. As I mentioned - everything isn't a nice tidy cube - so it's much like stacking Rototillers. Everything has to be screwed down or bound in place. Tie down hard points have to be placed where needed on the trailer walls and floor. It all just takes forever. Nice dirty, tiring, mind numbing work - if you can get it.

Our little Dauchund "Fritz" is having great difficulty walking. You might know that they are very prone to spine damage. The best thing you can do is to keep them slim. Ours is the picture of a miniture dauchund poster dog ... but ... he's was in rough shape when we came home Friday evening. We can see now, that he might have been sensitive and occasional yelp a bit when picked up ... but nothing had "happened" to him that we know. Now - Friday night ... he could barely walk and cried in pain. Won't make you read the whole long version ... but we are trying to keep him from becoming paralyzed in the hind quarters. He's a good little guy about middle aged.

Well - it's been a longish, cold, damp day. Supper looks REAL good.

Thanks for stopping by and reading.

Gary
February 25, 2013 05:28AM
Hi Gary
Pleased you are getting sorted for more of the shift.
Talking of long-backed dogs, our white Boxer Kaspar (AKA Casper the friendly ghost) has some strange and amazing calcification of the spine, which ocasionally renders her crippled and even incontinent. The vet recommended a low dose of doggy anti-inflammatories (called Carprieve over here) and the difference for her on these is dramatic. Worth a look maybe?
Two years have just ticked over since our killer-quake (we got two reminders from Mother Nature on the anniversary day just to say she's still around) and still our city has cranes all over, most for deconstruction but now one or two for reconstruction. So it's onwards and upwards from here on in.
And I intend to get more shooting too!
Hang in there
Cheers
Neil
February 25, 2013 02:29PM
Hi Neil,
Good to hear from you. Thanks for the tip. Net says that is for arthritis in dogs. Could be - who knows - we don't know of any specific injury. Kelly is taking him to the vet today. I'll have her ask about it. Thanks.
Does seem our modern world takes a bit of time to get in gear to rebuild. I'm sure it makes it hard when you have your desk on the street corner for years, waiting. Uh-oh .... "waiting" ... said a four letter word. winking smiley At least I'm not doing environmental impact studies and making applications for forms to take out permits.
Kelly just cross referenced the drug Fritz is taking (Metacam) ... and it would appear that it's either the same as Carprieve - or darned close. And it has made a big difference in Fritz.
Maybe I can see if Kelly can get an appointment for me ... wow I didn't know there was yet another pill out there that I'm not taking ... hahaha
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021