Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 3-07-13 Report

3-07-13 Report
March 08, 2013 04:03AM
We accomplished quite a bit today. Weights

I noted that I corrected the issue with the truck. Quite important; as that is our only vehicle down here. The others are in Maryland, and it's a poor feeling to be so dependent upon one transport. Had I needed to put it in the shop, it would have been very inconvenient.

We unloaded perhaps half of the trailer today. Unloading ALWAYS takes FAR less time then loading. Loading requires disassembling and boxing. Unloading takes for granted that the items are already packaged. The tractor down here, REALLY helps with gathering items and bundles of items, and moving them to the various shops.

We are much closer then many fear. My plan has been to move AND INSTALL each item that comes down. This involved errecting a building, and altering other buildings to accomidate many new purposes. We've done that. We haven't just brought this vast amount of material down here and dumped it into a pile. Therefore; the bulk of what has been placed here, is functional. boing This trip brought a bunch of missing keys that will make many other things usable.

The last big hurtle is getting our Maryland home on the market. I hope that the delay might actually be a help. Spring is a far better time to show a house then in the dead of Winter. The Md. home also sports extensive patio and garden features which look so much better in the warm seasons. The market is a tiny bit better. And, our home is within 50 miles of Washington DC. Since much of government continues to grow at an exponential pace - we have witnessed nearly every field inside that 50 mile radius, grow up into housing. We hope just one dear soul wants to drive just a bit farther, and spend half the money as he would at the 25 mile range.

I'm dying to get the boilers up in the shop. I have more ideas then enough. I have tons (literally) of work at the 70-85% completion mark. It's stored in cataloged bundles awaiting sorting and storage in the new facilities. Can't wait to break out sets to complete. Now - lest I start a nightmare for myself - I don't quite have all of that reduced to searchable digital files. (Sorry Jim - ;?) I don't have the algorithms to project completion dates based on any of a dozen variables. But; I think we're doing pretty well.

Thanks to all for reading. Thanks to clients for extreme patience. I sincerely appreciate it. I hope this blog of events is some small measure of comfort and assurance that I'll be back and better able to meet ALL of my obligations asap. For the record, I feel faaaaaarrr better down here. That's still only about half of what you might consider to be "normal" ... but it's a God send. We are very grateful. Can't wait until the pressure of 4 decisions a minute lessens.

God Bless,
Gary
March 09, 2013 12:25AM
Glad it's still moving in the right direction. You can even see some silver lining to the timing, that's good.

One thought for your parts collection. You'll need to be extra vigilant about the rusting of your parts in the coastal south. Everything seems to turn red and fuzzy in a heartbeat. Hope it helps prevent some added work.

Glad to have you back in the neighborhood.

Kent
March 09, 2013 03:07AM
Thanks Kent,

Right now - everything is wrapped in tough brown paper. I've checked - all seems well. I must determine if they are better for longer term storage in or out of the paper wrap. There are a trememdous number of blued parts - so; you are correct - I sure don't want to refinish those.

Gary
Anonymous User
March 09, 2013 01:56PM
I am happy to see that everything is working well for you and Kelly,and that is the main reason that i wanted the stainless option on the Yukon GS. The warm and humid climate is very degrading on metal and i WILL hunt hog with this in a tree stand and stalking in cane field. Video will be made on this adventure. Awaiting the first rifle from BPS!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021