Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Post 6263

Post 6263
April 26, 2013 04:53AM
That's what the counter says under the username: barnespneumatic

So that's over six thousand, two hundred times I've come here to stay in touch, entertain, or interact with everyone. Every time I roll the dice and take a chance on your reaction. I always hope it's positive. My intentions are honest. I'm not so foolish as to think everyone always agrees with my outlook, course of action, or presentation.

This can come awfully close to a no-win situation. It's lousy to post a bunch of personal stuff, and get a roaring silence in return. I sit here and wonder just what to share, how to word it, when to post it, and in quite a few of those 6,263 tries ... I wasn't sure. Customers need to be informed of current events. They form expectations from that information. If I don't share - then they can only suspect that I'm either working my buttstock off - or out goofing around. The topics of my move, and my health issues; fall into a middle ground. They dramatically effect everything; but they are neither Airgun work, nor goofing around.

So; if I post pics of the projects to build BPS ... it's fun for a while. Then it drags on. Pics of the projects I've worked on here ... pretty much crickets ... hey - it's an airgun forum. Just keep showing stuff done - stuff done - stuff done. But - everyday - there isn't something "done". There are things in process. Boring to discuss. Maddening in their duration.

I sit here and it eats me alive that my shop is 1,100 miles away. I'm doing what I feel I must do - as hard as I can. But it's just something to get done - and I can't manage to rush it. There are endless processes to go through. I've been here 33 years. And, no matter which course of action I've chosen ... I'm pretty sure opinion is not universal. But, for me; the next day brings the next part of the project that has been set into motion. And, I see on the script - that most of the lines are mine.

Downstairs, there is a thick envelope full of large films. I spent much of the day preparing for, traveling, filling out forms, stuffed into an MRI machine, decompressing, and driving home. And, that is only roughly half of the films ordered. I'll have to go back. The place is an hour away. The others require bloodwork first - to determine if my kidneys will tolerate the Contrast that they need to use to do more hours of MRI's.

In the films on the desk, are the answer to why I have a number of issues that have been worsening for me. I'll tell you that it's not an entirely happy thought, to have them spend that much time scanning your brain and your neck. Not just doing it, but feeling that it is required. On top of that stimulating exercise, I realize that I have to tell folks what is going on. Heck - I still have people dropping in that have no idea at all, that I'm moving. Or, they heard that I began moving - and figure by now I have half the ledger done in the new shop. Or; the best one ... they hope my back is all healed now. And so; God forbid ... if there's something in those films ... then I can just imagine the joy of dealing with annnnnyyyyything else. Because ultimately, as one thing stacks up against the last; guilt by association insinuates that I either caused it, or should have avoided it.

Oh - I also sat on a heavy mat yesterday - and pointed up a good section of crumbling mortar in the stone foundation of this fine old Victorian home. There was an addition added in the 40's - and the stone work was not nearly as good as the origonal. It's something I've wanted to do for twenty years. And now - I felt I had to before the home inspection tossed a red flag.

That's it. You are current.

Thanks for reading. God Bless.

Gary
April 26, 2013 07:01PM
Thanks for the update Gary. Sure hope the films and tests result in some positive treatment options.
You have been putting in some serious hours on the house.......how long till the home inspection, or have you not set that date? I assume it gets inspected and the report is available for potential buyers to study?
All the best
Neil
April 26, 2013 08:27PM
Hi Neil,
I hope your family are well. And that your business location is getting sorted.
It's my understanding that any buyer's lending institution will require an inspection.
We are trying to get things in place, so that our listing Realtor will have the tools he needs, and we can bug out to Florida.
Thanks for your comments Neil. Always great to hear from you.
Gary
April 26, 2013 10:50PM
So....what you're saying is that we need a smiley featuring crickets?more confused

And on a slightly more serious note, I frankly don't see how you could do things any other way at this point. As you've noted it's not simple (or perhaps even possible) to just hire somebody to finish up all the odds-and-ends projects to get the MD house ready to sell, even if it WAS practical from an economic standpoint. And also as you've pointed out, you need the equity from that house to make your business plan work for Barnes Pneumatic South down in Florida. And there's obviously not much choice when it comes to dealing with pre-existing health conditions, you play the hand you're dealt there.

Sure, if you had a time machine you could go back and tell 20-something Gary to knock it off with the lumberjack impersonations and go get some help with the heavy lifting. But then if you could do that, I imagine you'd probably just tell your younger self to invest in some Apple stock back when it was still cheap, and to go talk to a fellow by the name of Warren Buffet. In which case you'd probably be lounging around on a beach somewhere with a cold drink wondering if the maintenance staff at the summer mansion had finished up re-pointing the brickwork yet.

So...until the pneumatic time machine prototype is finished, I'd say keep on keeping on.take a bow
Anonymous User
April 27, 2013 06:47PM
Soon it will all be history, and you ill be in your new home feeling better and we will still be here interacting with you. Your body will feel better because of the warmth and BPS will be a new journey in your life that will prosper!!!!!!!!!!!!!good luck young man, and tell Kelly great job also....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021