Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Hello from BPS

Hello from BPS
May 31, 2013 07:39PM
After a long slog on the house, we completed the loading of the trailer.

We met with the Realtor for several hours, the other evening. He didn't leave until after 10pm. The wheels are in motion at BPN.

The shops there are now empty, except for final debris.

Yesterday morning around 3:30 am, we rolled out of BPN. We pulled the trailer 900 miles yesterday. Got back off the road about 1:30 am. We finished the drive this morning.

We've unloaded most of the additional household and office stuff already. The remainder is tools and shop related.

BPS is safe and tight.

thumbs up

Gary
May 31, 2013 08:56PM
I see some surefire molds in my future excited
June 01, 2013 05:11AM
We'll see what we can do for ya. thumbs up

Thanks for posting.

Gary
June 01, 2013 03:23AM
Glad to hear you are almost done with the BPN chapter in your life, many new chapters to write in BPS. Thanks to the Lord for the safe journey and guidance to a new life in BPS. I bet its a great relief to close that chapter and let the creative mind loose in in your new environment ! Happy to hear about an uneventful journey home.
June 01, 2013 05:10AM
Thanks Robert,

The realtor said we had "Chosen Wisely" on the projects. Items beyond the scope of homeowners - flags for inspectors.

There is still the removal of remaining items and cleaning of any debris - along with final cleaning, I won't be doing most of that. There are still duties and decisions. The property is unlike more repetitive properties in the area. The location is quite good. But establishing a target $ is difficult. We'll let a pre-appraisal help there. We have "People" there. But I'm not sure when I'll be needed.

I'll work hard here at BPS to get the shops in order. As you may realize - there are literally thousands of items which must be in place, sharp, accurate, and ready to go. Special requirements for position and lighting on tools. Etc. That's the game plan.

Thanks for posting Robert,
Gary
June 01, 2013 07:14PM
Excellent to hear that you are "home" again Gary! After all that home-remodellling you will be wondering what to do with yourself now whistling
I have been missing in action for a while completing a major project or two before winter, but now back to shooting, so I hope I will have something to post soon...
Cheers
Neil
June 01, 2013 08:24PM
Thanks for posting Neil,
Ready to see that new gun of yours shoot. Enjoy
Right - here, there's nothing to do! whistling
It looked like Jurassic park when we rolled in. My peeps had mowed the front yard - but the lane, the park area around the buildings, the out laying pine grove (inside the dark tree line) everything was wild. We've been away two months. First thing I noted was: in the Spring - the ground cover vines grow at a rate of 4+ feet per month. Pencil sized vines about 8-9 feet long were everywhere and assending where possible.
And so - just for entertainment, I stormed over hill and dale with the Husq22 yard tractor. It's 6 settings of deck height should add two more. So, yeah - the darned Yaupon bush root stubs occasionally snag you tight.
But - the area is cleaner now. My lines of fire are visible. winking smiley. If there's a bush crawling slowly forward - it shouldn't be there. Might have to chip it. Haha.
Hope your large projects are satisfying. How your family is safe and well.
God Bless
Gary
June 01, 2013 07:21PM
Good deal and you still got half the year left. Sure is a big undertaking and has been fun living vicariously through your website and seeing your progress !! I feel like I got a lot done . Hehe It's kinda like every Tuesday night I go crab fishing in the Bering Sea and when I'm done I feel a sense of accomplishment . Keep up the good work . Can't wait to see your next shop project!

Thanks
Kurt
June 01, 2013 08:33PM
Thanks Kurt,
Hopefully, the next chapter will also be entertaining. Haha.
Hey, I experienced the most odd feelings upon finding TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT HERE. haha. I've grown used to the depressing frustration of needing something that was gone. Of figuring ways of doing complex things with a hammer, lever, and screwdriver (IF I could find the screwdriver - ha). But - I'll now have to retrain my brain to calculate plans INCLUDING the use if high tech tools like pliers and even a grinder!!! Oh -- a bit light headed there!! Whooooh.
Gary
June 01, 2013 10:54PM
More Kubota time! Did you rush to start her up? You must be happy to be back.
June 02, 2013 12:26AM
Hi Steve!
I will enjoy that! Haha. I did order the first load of several more lay mix dirt for various areas. There is an errosion problem around the new shop. And an elevation issue with the roll up doors. Also some gullies to fill up at the house. A few hours here and there are Good tractor therapy! thumbs up
Gary
June 02, 2013 06:39AM
Hi Gary
Thanks for your good wishes, we are doing OK thanks. Here is the biggest of my projects, a Gabion retaining wall intended to stop the slip below my swimming pool from claiming it....
 photo Gabion4_zps7d8ee080.jpg
I had to wheelbarrow 5 cubic meters of rock down to the baskets which meant I handled each rock 2 or 3 times depending on whether it was delivered or I had to go and get it. My arms are now long and my legs are short. There was quite a bit of digging and assembling before I started filling the baskets, so overall it turned out to be quite a project.pushingarock
Now I have nothing to do.....except fudd
Cheers
Neil
June 02, 2013 02:25PM
Hi Neil,
That looks like a good exercise. hahah. You should be quite "Ripped" by now. hahah.
Ever notice - the guys that work out to get all toned up - do it with jump ropes and curl bar bells. They get ripped. You work yourself to near death moving tons of rock or moving shop lathes - all you get is broken down. Always strikes me when I go to the various Docs. They ask - do you have a regular exercise routine. Well - I work about 16 hours a day. No - you need to do Yoga - Walk - something totally useless to use up time, haha.
Can't win Neil! But that looks good. Hope it works and keeps your bird bath atop the hill!
winking smiley
Gary
June 02, 2013 12:58PM
Gary, I'm happy to read that you made another trip without trailer tire drama! You must be near giddy being close to your tools again.

Neil, I'm getting sore just looking at that wall!
June 02, 2013 10:39PM
Hi Jerry,
It's a bit overwhelming! Tools everywhere!!! I want to use them all at once. Haha.
Gary
June 03, 2013 07:57AM
Just hook up an exercise bike to one of those shoebox compressors and you can get all the exercise you need filling up that big CF air tank. Weights
June 03, 2013 08:29AM
Neil , that definitely doesn't look like a weekend project ! it sure looks very well constructed though you did a fine job now I can say that you should take the rest of the asummer off and enjoy your handywork .

Thanks
Kurt
June 03, 2013 07:44PM
Gary,

Glad to hear you are back in FL. I know I was happy when I left MD years ago. Do mind going up for a visit now and then, but I'm always happy when I leave.

Keith
June 03, 2013 10:45PM
Heard on the Florido radio today: "today in MARYLAND - an 8 year old was thrown out of school for two days. Seems that during a break; he "nibbled his pop tart into the shape of a gun"'. Lawyers on both sides are involved.

stunned

Good to hear from you Keith.
Gary.
June 04, 2013 12:59AM
Welcome home Gary!

Glad to hear things are going well. Hope your focus can change now and get back to what you love ---- airguns?

Thanks for sharing the efforts and things you needed to do. I am sure it helped the customers on your ledger better understand the reasons why BPS is delayed.

All the best, looking to the future of BPS.

God Bless - especailly health wise smiling smiley

Pedro G.
June 04, 2013 06:13AM
You're kidding about the poptart thing...right?surprised
June 04, 2013 02:35PM
Sean - I'm NOT kidding.
That is how it was reported by a regular DJ down here. The guy had the tone of - what else would you expect from Maryland? Was an eight year old boy. 2nd grader. DJ said lawyers were now onvolved - both sides I think. They said one of our state senators was SOOOOO outraged by the school's actions, that he bought the kid a junior membership in the NRA. My prediction: the Senator will probably be driven out of office.
June 04, 2013 06:11PM
Yea, I read about that too. Poor kid.

Keith
June 04, 2013 07:13PM
Ya that's crap ! Boy he probably nibbled it into one of those scary assault guns !! Should have went with the red rider look .Then only would have gotten a detention .

Thanks
Kurt
June 04, 2013 10:13PM
I think the problem was the number of fruit jelly rounds in the chewed magazine! surrender

It's a slippery slope. Pop Tarts today .... Folsom Prison Blues tomorrow
June 05, 2013 02:52AM
Actually, I think that story has been out for a while.

Lon
June 05, 2013 08:08AM
I can't believe you're serious. On the other hand, the story is so stupid that if someone made it up nobody would believe it, so I guess it's gotta be true.eye rolling smiley

If'n twere up to me, I'd fire everyone involved up and down the chain of command, for demonstrated incompetence. That kind of stupidity is contagious, and it's poisonous to the entire concept of common sense.
June 05, 2013 10:07PM
The story is true and has already been topped. Just this morning I read about an 11 year old who got suspended for SAYING "gun" on the school bus! He was talking about wishing he could have had a gun and protected the kids at Sandy Hook elementary. Our teachers and administrators are pushing a hard left agenda to indoctrinate our kids. It's driven by a level of stupidity I can't even fathom but it angers me to the point of indigestion! Oh, the police were called and they asked to search the home (denied) but the parents did fill out a 4 page "questionnaire." I don't think I would have filled out anything but initial lawsuit papers... The kid was initially suspended for 10 days but then it got cut to 1. Dumbest principal seems to be our most competitive contest right now!
June 06, 2013 01:24AM
I say we bring back public flogging and corporal punishment. The latter for the students, and the former for selected principals.Get crackin'

(I've been waiting forever to use that smiley!)
June 07, 2013 03:58AM
This helps explain all the "zero tolerance" idiocy.
"What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we’ve changed our attitudes about cigarettes. You know, when I was growing up, people smoked all the time. Both my parents did. But over time, we changed the way that people thought about smoking, so now we have people who cower outside of buildings and kind of smoke in private and don’t want to admit it.” Eric Holder 1995 as US attn for DC at Womens National Democratic Club seen on CSpan 2

BTW, it's also the way being Jewish was marginalized in Nazi Germany. "Educate" the kids first. Refuse to cower in your support of the 2nd Amendment before it is too late. Don't think it can happen here, ask the Aussies.

Read more: [newsbusters.org]

Here's some of the next gun images that will be removed from public view.
Assault Rifle.jpg
Can you find the assualt weapon that needs to be banned? How about that potental Tea Party member in the foreground, I'll bet he's one of those VETERANS too!

Here's an obvious display of brandishing a gun and knife as well. In a crowded place no less.
Brandishing.jpg

Yes it is the Tomb of the Unknowns. A beautiful and moving ceremony.

And last an adult contributing to the delinquency of a minor by teaching responsible firearms use, or as we know it here in Mississippi "Gun Control".
Gun Control MS Style.jpg

FYI, here's how schizophrenic it is, all three of these gun displays are supported by the US Government. Top two are obvious the last is our 4H Shooting Sports district shoot. Yes kids as young as 10 are shooting firearms, pistols rifles shotguns in a US Extension Service sponsored club. I highly recommend this for all you parents out there.

Kent
June 07, 2013 07:50AM
I do believe you are correct as to the ultimate goal of the "antis", it's the elimination of private firearms ownership by any means necessary. Since they're been thwarted on both the legislative and the judicial fronts, they're changing tactics and going for the home front instead. Their goal is long term, all they need to do is outlast the current generation of gun owners while working to insure that there won't be another. If they succeed in making firearms ownership sufficiently stigmatized through their control of public policies, school curriculums and the lamestream media, they won't have to win in congress or in the courts, it'll be a non-issue.

It's yet another example of the growing chasm between rural, typically conservative values and culture and the dreck that oozes from the large urban centers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021