Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: And ... A bug

And ... A bug
June 07, 2013 03:45AM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Part of the welding shop. Temp set up. It will evolve as I work. As with the whole set of shops. I just won't get to that moment where I can declare that everything is in place and ready. It will constantly correct it's course as we go. (If the bell went off and an announcement was made that the move was now complete - I suspect the shock would be too much for me anyway). I am working here already. I just have to get through this home sale phase. (Learned tonight, that yet another home in town quickly went to contract - at list price - encouraging).

And ... A big bug that looks like a green shrimp.

Very sociable. It rode on this weed whip machine as I dragged it to put it away. Just sort of jostled along. Would look up at me. Fix me with those bug eyes - like it was giving me a chance - but it wasn't gonna take its eyes off me either. Haha.

Put away a good bit today, and made just a little more infrastructure. Trying to get this thing ready to pull the starter rope. It took me 33 years to make my small operation efficient enough to produce in it before. At this pace - I think I might just beat that record this time .... whistling

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2013 04:04AM by barnespneumatic.
June 07, 2013 04:23AM
That bug is fascinating, I've never seen such! Truely looks shrimp like. Its the closest thing to a missing link I've ever seen.
June 07, 2013 02:11PM
Hi Kent,

Nah - doesn't taste like shrimp .... excited

heheh

laughing

Maybe in a gumbo though .....

Gary
June 07, 2013 07:38AM
Katydid of some sort, is my guess. Long antennas though, and those vestigial wings are weird too.
June 07, 2013 02:13PM
Crazy - isn't it?

Those ball feet. I wondered if it's an "in the process" development stage - because of the tiny wings. But the thing is huge already. Hope we don't have a big flight of those! stunned

chainsaw bad dude

laughing again
June 07, 2013 06:12PM
Thats one crazy lookin bug. Beady red eyes and it looks like a rudder un one side.maybe it is a cicada bug .

Thanks
Kurt
June 07, 2013 07:41PM
The eyes remind me of crab eyes, they've got that same stalky, grainy, refractive look to them. Could be a larvae or nymph stage of the final bug, with those wings.
June 07, 2013 11:03PM
Nobody has ever saw the larvae stage of Godzilla ... Have they??!!!! excited

Wait ... Was Godzilla a bug or reptile or ... Quick!!! It's SHRIMPZILLA!!!! It's payback for shrimp nite down here!!!! stunned
June 08, 2013 08:16AM
One of these nights you'll wake up feeling those long, long antennae, checking you out, waiting....

Anyway, goodnight! Sleep tight!rolling happy smiley
Anonymous User
June 09, 2013 02:13AM
That is a strange looking bug.
June 09, 2013 03:46AM
Yes it is Don

Funny that nobody can identify it. Probably missed my chance at fortune by capturing it. But then, it may have eaten me if I tried! excited

Haha.

Gary
June 11, 2013 11:00PM
That's a type of Katydid. I thought everyone knew that! laughing again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021