Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Two Major Categories of Guns

Two Major Categories of Guns
June 19, 2013 04:46AM
And, you are gonna hate me because I don't think I can tell you the specifics yet. But; I wanted you to know that my mind has been working in it's back room prototype shop. And the chalk boards have some great stuff on them.

I have two Major Categories of designs that I want to do. I'm certain that they will be well received - and very collectable. I'm not trying to be cute here - but consider the problems. 1). I can't do them now. 2). If I disclose them, the idea is out there to be used. 3). I don't want the frustration to sour the wait. 4). Speculation could lead to inaccurate visualization of my concepts, and cloud the reality.

I won't forget. But I have to find a way to blend with the assembly of the ledger work that is all waiting, labeled, and top priority,

This sort of thing kills me because I know I could fill up another ledger with orders for these ideas. Alas; I'm one guy. I sure hope the new shops make this old guy more productive and add a bit more spring to my step.

I have some materials set aside, which will really go well with one of these Categories. Sweet.

The closer I get to finishing up here - and getting the shops running ... the more my mind develops ideas. But; these two have been there for some time now. They are 100% geared to the Collector that is 99% of my customers, And they are not just an extra headlight or longer tail fins. They are completely unique.

There ya go. I know, I know! why me But I didn't want you all to think I'm just sitting thinking of better ways to stack boxes, and change trailer tires. winking smiley And, for the ledger guys waiting ..... As you know: I held the cost on each ledger order, and have courteously declined a large number of orders over the past few years. So; while everyone has a right to be stressed with the wait ... I'm sticking to the plan.

Just wanted you to know the future has many interesting things to share. bad dude OK ... back off! winking smiley

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2013 05:19AM by barnespneumatic.
June 19, 2013 06:14AM
So Gary...

When you open up a big 'ol can-o-worms, do you prefer to use a manual or an electric can opener?more confused
June 19, 2013 07:42AM
WORMS ?? I think I'm going to go fishin how about you Gary want to come ?

Thanks
Kurt
IMAG0456-1-1-1-1-1.jpg
June 20, 2013 07:29PM
Hi Kurt
YES - I want to come along.
Hey - this is Thur. Afternoon. This is the first time this thread presented a pic of your fine hand tied flies. Odd. Now your comment of "Worms!" Makes sence. Wonder why the pic never showed before.
I've been having meetings and phone calls. Doing more chores between. 'Bout half of my stuff hurts. Fishing sounds good, and I don't know much about it. winking smiley
Gary.
June 23, 2013 02:14AM
Howzabout we start a pool to see who comes closest to the concept Gary has in mind? Here, I'll start.

Category 1 - "field grade". Airguns made with minimal carving, engraving, or other decoration, with an emphasis on function. Made to be carried and shot in the field by hunters and shooters who intend to use them regularly. Based primarily on the "v-twin" architecture, relatively limited as to options, calibers and configurations. Streamlined production, lower cost, less wait time.

Category 2 - "black diamond grade". Airguns made primarily with aesthetics in mind, with lavish use of wood carving, engraving, color anodizing and other custom finishes. Based on a variety of "legacy" platforms such as the Bison, relatively complex and ornate compared to the field grade models. More options, more levels of finish, more expensive. Like expensive vintage cars these are only taken out occasionally, on particularly nice days.

Category 3 - "collector grade". These cost ten times more than the above to compensate for all the hand-holding and ego-stroking that finicky collectors believe they're entitled to. Essentially the same as Category 2 mechanically, but since they will never be shot Gary can omit the hole down the middle of the barrel so as save more time for carving and decoration. And yes, not only did I totally plagiarize that last line from an earlier thread, but I am making this one up entirely since Gary said he was thinking about two major categories. grinning smiley
June 23, 2013 02:51AM
Answered on a new thread. winking smiley
June 19, 2013 01:44PM
Two categories of guns hmmm.... Ones with bayonets and ones without! Ya I would hang the bayonet gun on wall . Even though I feel like I'm in the trenches sometimes .

Thanks
Kurt
June 19, 2013 06:47PM
Hmmm, interesting. You might have opened a can of worms, or a can of bait. For those on the ledger without parts committed, is there options in the wind????

Keith
June 19, 2013 08:11PM
Oh my Gosh! I forgot about that!!! Haha. laughing again

Do you want this one, or the other one? USA!  USA!.

Sure, there are always options. But I think you did well. the new stuff is gonna be ugly, I hear hehe.

smileys with beer

Gary
June 20, 2013 03:51AM
Good for you Gary, keep that brain working!
June 24, 2013 01:24AM
As long as it leads me to a chance to get big Hoss, I will be watching ( sorry Gary could not resist!)
Anonymous User
June 24, 2013 02:26AM
How about this one Gary. A cross and mixture of the Barracuda, Dragon and the Yukon GS!!!!!!!!!!! Perfection in the field and the bench.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021