Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Loose Ends - Pics

Loose Ends - Pics
June 21, 2013 12:59AM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Last section to point up crumbling mortar. I've ditched it, and filled some. Then I was rained out for days and it's all mudded back in now.

Replaced closet ceiling. Previous serious water damage ruined it. I had never replaced it after the long term leak was found and fixed. I had to tear the whole lousy thing down. This is the new dry wall installed and the first coat of taping, mesh, and plaster.

This was the main "up and down" staircase for five teens and up to four adults. For some reason - the kitchen staircase got 99% of the usage and the front formal staircase nearly none. The handrail is taken down here, for access. Teens "STORM" up and down staircases. Much like an avalanche down a gully. Shoulders bouncing off of hundred year old plaster walls break off the "keys" inside. Those are the parts of the first layer (called brown coat) which squeeze between the wooden lathe and droop inside. When that ooze hardens, it "keys" the brown coat to the lathe. In time, once brittle - shock will break the keys and that leaves the plaster unattached here and there. I had to replace sections, and strengthen repairs with fiberglass mesh embedded in the new plaster. Had to attach with drywall screws in many dozen other places. And then "skim coat" the repaired areas. Now I sand and paint the walls, ceiling, and treads. This access staircase is key to a first impression. It was pretty beat up.

Our efforts to secure real estate professional help has been a mixed bag. It's taken quite a few recommendations, calls, meetings, follow-ups, appointments, and tours - but we are now very close to settling the paperwork, which will allow us to leave BPN in the hands of those who will sell it.

What a trip! brick wall self-hammer crazy Even more coffee

Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2013 01:35AM by barnespneumatic.
June 21, 2013 07:19PM
Getting it off your hands and into an Agent's will be a relief Gary! Here's to a quick sale smileys with beer
Cheers
Neil
PS I bet BPN (when you get there) will be lot warmer than where we are right now....
 photo Sno2_zps1610a49b.jpg
We have had days and days of rain, then this snow yesterday, now back to rain. A huge test for my new retaining wall......
But winter's not all bad, this was from early June
 photo FieryJunesunrise_zps802f53eb.jpg
June 21, 2013 11:30PM
Please, please .... No need to press for more home improvment pics!

Here's the staircase sanded and painted. The steps are also sanded and the ton of dust collected.

Treads get painted - maybe tonight. wow

Gary
June 22, 2013 05:19AM

Well, it's 1:17 am, but the treads and woodwork are painted. Don't bet against me. wink

Gary
June 21, 2013 11:33PM
Great pics Neil! Thanks for posting!!

The effect of the bay with that sky is stunning.

Funny to see your Winter as we begin Summer. Button up. Hey - do you drain the pool? How cold does it get?

Gary
June 22, 2013 08:49AM
No steam coming off the top of the water, not heated? Might be a bit chilly for swimming...Snowman The sunset shot is gorgeous.

And your staircase is looking pretty good too, Gary. smiling smiley
June 22, 2013 07:10PM
We turn the heat pump off eary April when it starts to struggle, so the water will be very refreshing after the snow is anyone is game.....Help!
We leave it filled as a "water feature" over winter Gary.
Finally stoppd raining here...we have some new rivers through the property!
Cheers
Neil
June 23, 2013 01:47AM
As long as none of them run though the basement...like at my houseHelp!
Anonymous User
June 24, 2013 02:30AM
Why would you want a so called pro to do your work when you do a fantastic job?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021