Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rotor Flailing ... Another idea!

Rotor Flailing ... Another idea!
June 23, 2013 02:54AM
Rotor (AKA Sean ... heheh) ... had a fine idea. He's gonna do an end run around my sneaky mention of the two new concepts I had. It's worthy of it's own thread. I copy here:

rotorhead [ PM ]
Re: Two Major Categories of Guns new
June 22, 2013 09:14PM IP/Host: 138-64-174-206.gci.net

Howzabout we start a pool to see who comes closest to the concept Gary has in mind? Here, I'll start.

Category 1 - "field grade". Airguns made with minimal carving, engraving, or other decoration, with an emphasis on function. Made to be carried and shot in the field by hunters and shooters who intend to use them regularly. Based primarily on the "v-twin" architecture, relatively limited as to options, calibers and configurations. Streamlined production, lower cost, less wait time.

Category 2 - "black diamond grade". Airguns made primarily with aesthetics in mind, with lavish use of wood carving, engraving, color anodizing and other custom finishes. Based on a variety of "legacy" platforms such as the Bison, relatively complex and ornate compared to the field grade models. More options, more levels of finish, more expensive. Like expensive vintage cars these are only taken out occasionally, on particularly nice days.

Category 3 - "collector grade". These cost ten times more than the above to compensate for all the hand-holding and ego-stroking that finicky collectors believe they're entitled to. Essentially the same as Category 2 mechanically, but since they will never be shot Gary can omit the hole down the middle of the barrel so as save more time for carving and decoration. And yes, not only did I totally plagiarize that last line from an earlier thread, but I am making this one up entirely since Gary said he was thinking about two major categories.
June 23, 2013 02:57AM
OK ... my first answer ....

No ... Wait ... let's see if anyone else will check in and refine the game. I hope so. thumbs up It will give me an idea of what readers feel might be determined by the tracks I have laid down. I promise I won't change anything pretaining to my two concepts before I reveal them - when I do.

Gary
June 23, 2013 08:46AM
Maybe a new semi-auto bigbore whistling.
June 23, 2013 02:39PM
75% complete kits?knucklehead

Just checking in actually, couldn't imagine what you have up your sleeve.

Lon
June 23, 2013 03:13PM
How about a packet of highly detailed engraving, which you apply to your own gun! You get grooves and leaves which you arrange to taste. Another idea!

Maybe some bore plugs, to make sure guns remain in unfired condition! Cloaking devices to prevent photos!! Wait!!! The ultimate: a sheet with glued on dust bunnies - to mask guns stored under the bed!!!

OK - fine! Even sadder. I just wanted to play too ...

I am gonna hammer this backbiting spell check one of these days!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2013 03:16PM by barnespneumatic.
June 23, 2013 03:24PM
I once tried the field grade thing Sean. Fifteen minutes later - the requests for an extensive "options list" began. After each order, "upgrade alteration" requests followed. Usually as a PS to the original order e-mail. Haha. I do believe I'm stuck making nice stuff. Haha.
June 24, 2013 02:37PM
How about a matching rifle/pistol set?

Of course, all are for field use and come with picatinny rails (over and under) for mounting sights and lights, matching stock and metal work, and a special travel case with extravagant GB artwork or engravings on the top, bottom, and sides.

And maybe they will be three shot, magazine feed repeaters with a built in knife/bayonet.

Better yet a matching rifle/pistol/knife set.
June 24, 2013 05:16PM
Well Keith - I can't fool you. The three shot magazine fed bayonet is sure to be a classic. With carved foam case, I won't be able to keep up with orders. nowthatIthink

I appreciate your post.

The knife/gun combo does come up and is on my mind. How about a pocket knife with a fold out bayonet? stunned

Gary
June 24, 2013 06:38PM
OOooohh! I know! I know!

One line is going to be built entirely out of inconel and stainless steel, barrels, receivers, pins, springs, everything but the stock (that'll be carbon fiber). The other will be made of titanium and beryllium copper.

Gary just loves machining exotic stuff, he loves the challenge.winking smiley
June 28, 2013 02:39PM
Uh huh. eye rolling smiley

Next time, I know now I can just make SOMEONE'S project as a solid block of stainless. He'll never know the difference ... whistling

laughing
July 09, 2013 07:51AM
Ahem...I see...it's all very clear to me now
July 10, 2013 06:18PM
OK...I'll guess again just to get things re-started.

Category 1. Bison, in small herds, so that Gary can tear out any remaining hair.stunned

Category 2. Everything else.winking smiley
July 14, 2013 04:28AM
Well - you are close Sean. That "Everything Else" guess nearly got me. Whizzed right by my ear and stuck in the wall! eye popping smiley

It would seem that our fellow travelers have despaired of expressing themselves. If I haven't personally been completing new guns, due to my move - then they've sold off all of their collections. Don't shoot at all any more. Sold their cameras on Ebay. Bought cell phones without cameras so they can carry them in the courthouse. Don't even LIKE airguns anymore - near as we can tell. Perhaps they never did - even as a kid .... they got a Red Ryder ... but really wanted a .... FOOTBALL!@

I hadn't realized that I personally held the power of huge numbers of people to "like" airguns. When the stupid move dragged on ... they all went into racing lawn mowers and hotrod chainsaws. You can see how this would happen - after the fact. But - I never saw it coming Sean!

I've been thinking that You and Kurt, and I ... should just SKYPE once a day for a few minutes! laughing

No - I'm not signing it .... someone else used my password and wrote this stuff ........
July 16, 2013 09:25AM
Well heck, whoda thunk?

I suppose there's nothing to do about it then, might as well resign yourself to old age and decrepitude. Probably have to take up some sort of relaxing hobby just to keep yourself occupied, something like, say... digging out flooded septic fields in the pouring rain, or hauling machinery up and down the east coast through ceaseless heavy traffic. You know, the usual stuff that old codgers do in their "golden years" since you can live so high off the hog on a social security check these days. eye rolling smiley
July 16, 2013 05:51PM
That's right. It's cat food and a 20 watt light bulb for me.

But wait - there's always Facebook! Now I'll bet THOSE Folks will talk to me. wow
June 24, 2013 07:27PM
I was thinking maybe his and hers match set of dueling pistols and long guns ! And of course matching bayonets and pocket folders .

Thanks
Kurt
June 24, 2013 10:56PM
Well, my ideas must be "outside the box" as they say in corporate newspeak. You guys are ... "cold" ... as we used to say 50 years ago - meaning ... not even close.

There is "part" of "one sentence" that could be lifted and used in the eventual disclosure. I'll do that.

I'd like to discuss it - but I'll just get ya all whipped up and then I can't make a batch quickly. That is frustrating - I know. Especially for me. We really SHOULD be outfitted with a tech staff to rough out the basics; once we've proven we have some staying power. Having been a self employed artist since 1974 should qualify as proof enough that someone will purchase my ideas once built. hahah. As you can see; building and maintaining an infrastructure to work within, can be a rather serious roadblock to producing those ideas. But; so far nobody has set up the work shops and a cottage on their estate. Opportunity missed! whistling I'm on the path to completing my 7th professional workshop base of operations. And the 6th lasted 33 years! This one might be the last. In 33 years, I'll be 91. And, unless I feel a heck of a lot better then I do now - aa_Duty_Cycle.jpg I'm NOT moving then.

take a bow

Gary
June 25, 2013 11:43AM
How about a triple barrel multishot pcp duck's foot air pistol with a collapsible fork bayonet laughing again or a double barrel 4 gauge with a boar spear, or the other way around more innocent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2013 11:26AM by RugerAirMagnum.
June 27, 2013 05:45PM
allright, I'll bite...

what the heck is a "fork bayonet" ?
June 28, 2013 06:48AM
Anyone?

Bueller...Bueller...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2013 06:49AM by rotorhead.
June 28, 2013 11:27AM
What Kurt said smileys with beer
June 28, 2013 08:36AM
Sean a fork bayonet matches up with the duck barrel .3 barrels 3 bayonets just like s 3.prong.fork. I wouldn't want to stare down the barrel with three bayonets pointin at me . Whew that's a lot of sharpening. I think I saw them make one on that TV show red jacket firearms.

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2013 09:39AM by kurt wag.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021