Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: We're home again for a while.

We're home again for a while.
June 27, 2013 02:01AM
Got in to BPS this evening. All's well.

I'll be working in the shops. Just doing what's required, if it's at BPS or PBN. I may be up and down the road several more times. No matter, I'll finish it.

Before you congratulate on the whole real estate subject - I'll just say that we are working through the ground between the illusion and reality. Working around the incompetent and the hustlers. We will figure it out. It will come together when it's correct.

We trailered Kelly's car down as part of this trip's purpose. All went well.

Thanks for reading.

Gary
June 27, 2013 07:20AM
One step closer to the end game Gary! pushingarock
Cheers
Neil
June 27, 2013 04:40PM
Thank you Neil,
I appreciate your comment.
thumbs up
I hope your big projects are also progressing, and that your family is well.
Gary
June 27, 2013 05:44PM
Glad to hear that you're back safe and that the project is proceeding as expected. Not perhaps always as planned perhaps, but...grinning smiley

One of these days I'll post some photos of what I've been up to. A preliminary working title might be "the summer of mud". sad smiley
June 27, 2013 06:04PM
Gary,

The right realtor makes a BIG difference. I had all the wrong ones before I stumbled on the right one.

Lon
June 27, 2013 07:28PM
Gary,

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Keith
June 27, 2013 08:19PM
Thank you guys. I appreciate the good will. thumbs up

Gary
June 28, 2013 12:45AM
Gary

I think you are now officially an "American Gypsy" !

driving your "wagons" hither and yon, filled with all sorts of stuff......then turning around and going back on another journey doggie

What a bummer !

Just that much time on the road is enough to torture anyone

Hope you have at least a brief respite - take a weekend and just go to the beach or something

Hope your shoulder settles down...and hope you didn't hurt your rotator cuff. Make sure you ice it a bunch ( frozen peas work well)
June 28, 2013 02:24AM
Sitting here with a bag O peas sitting on my shoulder. Thanks Doc. I appreciate it.

I have rested today. About killed me, but I have. Haha.

Good to hear from you.

Gary
June 28, 2013 06:46AM
What would physiotherapists and E.R. docs do without frozen peas? They'd be lost, I tell you!

Thank goodness that Birdseye and Green Giant haven't succumbed to the temptation to sell "medical grade" peas to the hospitals. They'd charge a hundred bucks a bag, and fifty of that would go straight to the lawyers to cover the malpractice insurance.red faced
June 28, 2013 08:40AM
hey I'm not a big fan of the frozen peas but I do like the microwave beans and rice especially for sore achy bones and muscles .That the nuclear water bottle .(try it) the beans or rice have to be raw in sock or denim pouch .it holds heat a long time .

Thanks
Kurt
June 28, 2013 11:36AM
I am also a big fan of the "rice sock"

taller, sports socks work well - fill with rice, tie off one end. if you want you can add a teeny bit of wintergreen oil.

microwave about 1.5-2 min. Works great for neck and back

for shoulders, cold is almost always better

if you can't find peas, frozen niblet corn works too.....brocolli - not so much more innocent
June 28, 2013 02:32PM
Ah gee. Thought I'd finally found a use for those frozen bags of chopped brocolli stems .... More sad
June 28, 2013 10:29PM
This sounds like the Food Channel!LOL!
July 01, 2013 02:10AM
I'm pretty sure nobody reuses rice out of a sock...
July 01, 2013 04:00AM
Hi Jerry,

Sure - you can wait til you are invited to a wedding. Ahhhhhwwwwwwll.

winking smiley
July 03, 2013 08:45PM
After I got recorded screaming warnings, I don't get invited to weddings anymore...
July 04, 2013 04:52PM
I found frozen lima beans work better then peas.

Keith
July 04, 2013 11:08PM
Good to know Keith!

I found yet another opportunity to use the technique! haah. I wasn't even going to mention it - but it's responding well - so guess it's OK. The surf was rough at the beach the other day. Now - it's the Gulf. How rough can it be? But - it was really beating us up. We are trying to keep track of the grandkids. Trying to keep us from being swept into the shipping lanes ... Etc.

The requirements to spend the day on the beach are so significant ... that you have to form a pack train to get the stuff there and back. Then - it's crowded so parking is half a mile away. Relays, etc. And - every beach seems to have a looooooooong bridge and staircase system over the dunes. Those are all full of people gawking at something or other. They usually move when I poke them with the umbrella stake. whistling

It is a LOT of work to relax at the beach. And so; it was with little surprise that I awaked the next day - with a right knee that barely functioned. It's been muscle rub, ice, flex wrap ever since. And, this afternoon I'm pretty mobile. I've been working in the Studio trying to make sense of the thousands of small things I brought down here. And, I know EXACTLY WHERE each one WAS in Maryland. Here .... not so much (as they say).

Well, the 4th got totally washed out here. Happy New Year anyway!!! (One of our gkids said that was when the year changed). winking smiley

Gary
July 08, 2013 11:14PM
Sorry the weather was lousy in FL for the 4th. The weather here was glorious. It was so good in fact, that I got talked into water skiing. Believe it or not, the old man got up on the old O'Brian slalom ski and remembered how to cut some spray.

Naturally, those betting against me now have video to admire... Oddly, I'm not sore, I thought I was going to suffer but I guess not pushing to the extreme kept me OK. The best part is that Timmy tried to wave me off the slalom and onto two skis but then had to keep up with the old man. Priceless!
July 09, 2013 03:20AM
Well - Good for you.

Old Guys RULE!!! YAY ... WHoooooPPP!!! ..... HORAH.... ah ... hhhhhhaa.... cough ..... wheeeeze ........ surrender

Hey Jerry - I had about a dozen screens fight me to read this note of yours. UPDATE THIS!!! SET UP THAT NOW!!!! UPDATE AVAILABLE!!!! WE DID THIS!!! ....... Have I told you what I think of update mania??? hahahh

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021