Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Rainy Night In Florida...

Rainy Night In Florida...
July 14, 2013 03:13AM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Stuck at the Studio in a pouring rain. It's been completely Tropical Rainforest recently.

Some time during each day, it just slams us with eroding rain.

Sounds nice on the Studio's steel roof. I'm sitting in an Addarondak chair I made about 25 years ago. Nice and cool too.

Lots of family movement recently. The triplets stayed with us for about 10 days. Other family members came and went, came back. We had a nice visit. Tons of pics. Their Dad left with then today around noon. I'd showed him the LG A/C and Heat unit for the studio. Very nice unit made in Korea. All our Military visitors seem to recognize them - especially those who have done tours in Korea and Abroad. I worked all week, but there were a few minor interruptions with the kids and family. I was ready to dive in, after all the excitement! But I was exhausted. I laid down for an hour. Got up, resolved to do something amazing. I stride to the studio. Find the LG unit off and unresponsive. stunned This started two hours of reading fine print manuals, and resetting crap. (JUST PUT A MECHANICAL ROTARY SWITCH ON IT!!!). Never got it going. I suspect it's flux capacitor is shot, or out of phase with the seventh moon of Jupiter. Fortunately, I added it to the maintenance insurance contract.

We then went old school, and socked a 10k BTU A/C unit in a window, with green foam board and painters tape. It looks sooooo ...., nice. I'm really proud of taking a year to move - and stuffing a window shaker in with foam and tape. Now THAT is the way it's done.

And thus went another day in Paradise. I came back down and did a small project this evening. And now it's raining Biblically.

Ah ... A break in the monsoon .... Wish me luck .... Help!

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 03:58AM by barnespneumatic.
July 14, 2013 05:29AM
Gary,
That is not rain, here it is strong rain when I cannot see the gate at noon that is 23 meters away. Just had to brag you know my rain is stronger then your rain thing. Ha ha..

Sorry about the AC unit.. What is an AC unit? Here I use fans... Wow you guys back in the U.S. have all the cool stuff from Korea.

Larry lost in Asia
July 14, 2013 05:12PM
Larry,

Yeah .... Well .... My hair fell out faster then yours! So there! Haha. laughing

So; you are the "Rain Whisperer" are you? I'm glad we are just getting little showers then. Cause I'm 'bout waterlogged and the high spots are filling in the low spots. Haha.

Good to see ya here Larry!

Yeah, when we are being snobs here in the States, we don't buy Chinese - we buy Korean. winking smiley.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 05:17PM by barnespneumatic.
July 14, 2013 05:37PM
Gary,

The rain extended all the way down to Miami. I had to drive around in it for 4 hours yesterday. My brother in Highlands County - 100 miles north of me - reported rain all day too. Seems a huge system moved through the whole state yesterday.woodsman

Lon
July 15, 2013 07:25AM
Ahhh, rain, yes, so far we have had our wettest winter for quite some time and still it goes on. I can sympathise with you guys.....Help!
Cheers
Neil
July 16, 2013 08:57AM
Too bad we can't do weather swaps from location to location, as in "I'll trade you parched ranchers down in New Mexico a week of drizzling rain for ten days of blue sky and sunshine for us up here in Alaska".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021